equinox 600 bluetooth issue... won't pair

castleberry

Hello all,

Fighting the won't pair issue here, Using these buds https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P961J94/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Avantree Clari Air Dual Driver Hi-fi Sound Bluetooth Earbuds, aptX LL Wireless Headphones, Bluetooth: V4.2, Supported codec: SBC, aptX, aptX low latency.

These are listed on the aptX website as certified compatible LL earbuds.

I have tried everything I have found searching threads and the web but cant get them to pair with the 600, they pair perfectly with everything else. I have tried other earbuds and speakers I have but nothing will pair. Tried many FP resets, even rolled back to 1.7.5 software on the 600, still no joy.

Anyone have any other ideas before I call Minelab?

Many Thanks

Brian

You might want to send a PM to forum member CharlieT84 - he had the same problem with the same earbuds, and the problem was with the earbuds. He got a replacement set of Clari-Airs, and the pairing problem went away.

I was using the Clari-air earbuds until a couple months ago - I had no problems pairing them with my EQ800. I’ve since stopped using them for other reasons.

I just bought these and they paired fine with my 600. I'm running latest version. Maybe you need to run an update on your 600?

MT,

Thanks for the suggestion but Im at the latest version, have also tried the older 1.7.5 version, won't pair with them either version ... I think Im going to send them back and try another brand before I contact Minelab, still contemplating options ...

For my initial pairing I think I made sure the headphones were already "on" and then I initiated the pairing sequence on the 600. It connected right up and has automatically reconnected since.

For my initial pairing I think I made sure the headphones were already "on" and then I initiated the pairing sequence on the 600. It connected right up and has automatically reconnected since.

Man I wish it was that simple, I've tried this 6 ways till Sunday, Buds in pair mode first, 600 in pair mode first, factory reset, clearing the connections on the buds, long/short press on the 600, there are not too many variations you can try... Being a IT guy Im thinking this is a BT version checksum like issue on MLs side.. my thinking is if they buds are not the exact same BT version as the 600 the 600 says nope.. hence some buds pair and some dont ... just a guess... I;ll sort it out eventually, it truly is a amazing detector ..

Thanks

Brian

Was asking this over on Detectorprospector as well

Ended up sending the Clair Air buds back and emailing Minelab .. Their response as follows;

We cannot qualify each implementation of A2DP and aptX-LL codecs on 3rd party headphones and it is the responsibility of the 3rd party headphone manufacturer to implement these correctly if they are specifying these codecs as a feature.

Reasonable statement as they cant test them all ...

And

The EQUINOX Series is compatible with both A2DP and aptX Low Latency audio codecs. We have not encountered pairing or connection concerns with ‘big-brand’ or well-known headphone manufacturers.

So going to try some from a "big-brand" vs the CHICOM stuff on amazon..

So just ordered these

Sennheiser CX 6.00 BT Wireless in-Ear Headphones

Im assuming they should be "Big-brand" "Well Known manufacturer" enough and there are many posts of different forums of these working well with 600's

Fingers crossed

Brian

I got a pair of the SoundPeats Q12+ (aptX-LL) from amazon for under $30. No pairing issues and sound way better than the ML80s.

Was asking this over on Detectorprospector as well

Ended up sending the Clair Air buds back and emailing Minelab .. Their response as follows;

We cannot qualify each implementation of A2DP and aptX-LL codecs on 3rd party headphones and it is the responsibility of the 3rd party headphone manufacturer to implement these correctly if they are specifying these codecs as a feature.

Reasonable statement as they cant test them all ...

And

The EQUINOX Series is compatible with both A2DP and aptX Low Latency audio codecs. We have not encountered pairing or connection concerns with ‘big-brand’ or well-known headphone manufacturers.

So going to try some from a "big-brand" vs the CHICOM stuff on amazon..

So just ordered these

Sennheiser CX 6.00 BT Wireless in-Ear Headphones

Im assuming they should be "Big-brand" "Well Known manufacturer" enough and there are many posts of different forums of these working well with 600's

Fingers crossed

Brian

I have a pair of the Sennheiser CX 6.00 buds that I used to use with my Equinox 800. They paired and worked very well, with excellent sound quality. My only complaint was a personal one - for whatever reason, I can’t keep earbuds that don’t have “ear hangers” in my ears - no matter what I try or what size tips I use, they eventually/regularly fall out. It’s the only reason I don’t use the Sennheisers anymore - again, nothing wrong with the Sennheiser earbuds themselves, just personal preference regarding that style of earbud regardless of manufacturer.

Well the new Sennheiser's won't pair either ... now to convince Minelabs that my unit is faulty

Opps, just paired .. YES!!

Well... did a factory reset and back to not pairing .. this should not be so difficult

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom