Return #20

Chipk

Elite Member
RETURN #20!

Been getting a lot of requests to look for lost items recently.

Yesterday a woman beseeched me to find the ring her late husband had given her. She said she was washing her car (a Porsche convertible) and threw the bucket of dirty water into “the bushes”. I to.d her I had a full day but would try to make some time for her.

I got to her house late today and she led me to her back yard. I took one look at “the bushes” and my heart sank. The bushes were actually a thick overgrown tangle of thorny vines. They were 3 to 4 feet high in places and looked impenetrable. Furthermore there were busted up pallets rear had a number of exposed rusty nails. So not only did I have the opportunity to step on nails but the metal would throw more signals into the mix.

I selected my machine with the smallest coil and stepped to the edge. Delaying my difficult task, I aimlessly swung across the small patch of sand next to “the jungle”.

And my machine sang.

I knelt down and scratched away the sand on top of where the signal came and pulled out a magnificent ring of yellow gold and numerous small sparklers. I blew away some of the sand and stood up and gave her the ring back.

She shrieked. I smiled. #20.

Too bad they aren’t all this easy or turn out this way.

Attachments

• 921672B8-3D0D-4CCB-9071-BE3A43148AE5.jpg
    921672B8-3D0D-4CCB-9071-BE3A43148AE5.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 179
  • 67DE4D9C-9A7E-4478-8B86-F4A337B218CF.jpg
    67DE4D9C-9A7E-4478-8B86-F4A337B218CF.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 175
I love the return-reunion stories. Mysteries solved by a Sherlock Holmes MD'r. good job !

Nice! But why is she holding your carrot? :laughing:

I was struggling to carry back 3 detectors and a Lesche and 2 pinpointers so I handed that one to her. My original plan (since I thought I was contending with actual “bushes” was to have her probe among the branches with the second pinpointer in case the ring was caught above the ground.

Thanks for the reminder Tom. This is a nice ring return story, and poor judgement on my part.

Ooops, I was saying that in jest. I didn't put enough smiley emoticons there. Wasn't meaning to be a prude .

Lonely Rich Widow Woman? Lives in Florida? Porsche convertible? OK...Is she on 'Silver Singles' or 'Our Time'? Can you put in a good word for me? I like twilight walks on the beach, smoky eyeliner vertical ribbed sweaters and a garret carrot...So yeah..PM me with her digits!

\Toss a guy a bone here! Thats what this forum is all about!....I can shriek and also smile..My intentions are quite honorable..I really do love her..those double doors had me at 'hello' I aint seen no trailer with dubble doors, so I can assume she has a bit of class and possibly money?...:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom