What would you do??

MuddyMo

Forum Supporter
I got a permission to hunt a house, not an old one but $ and kids in the past. Problem is it has a small front yard, and 5 dogs fertilizing the smallish back and sides for years... muck boots will only solve one problem.

If you're really dedicated you can clean up the mess before you hunt, you'd probably do the owner a favour too. Otherwise just avoid the piles :D

My thrice-worthy wife used to put Carmex lip balm on and in her nose when she had to deal with stool samples at the hospital lab. That might help.

Heres an idea! Go buy yourself a sack of dung beetles down at the Petco, release them in the yard, and let them turdtumble the place!

A dung beetle walked into a bar and asked, "Is this stool taken?":laughing:

Smell isn't a problem, lost that sence. Bags sounds good. Cleaning it up isn't an option, there's WAY too much. Hell hip boots may be in store or just stay off knees. Dung beetles! :laughing:

Man up and dig, anyone who digs fields has dealt with poo on a scale no yard can match! :lol:

I was a farm hand for years, having pig/cow crp on me was common. Dogs eatn leftovers is worse.

If there's a target under the turd sling it away and dig. Bring a extra pair of shoes for the ride home. Lol

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Go buy yourself a throwaway tyvek overalls and some gloves.. end of problem.. dog poop ain't too bad.. one day I was cutting a commercial account and was yawning while trimming.. next thing I saw coming off my trimmer head was a chunk of fresh dog poop.. hit the roof of my mouth.. starting gagging.. grabbed my gatorade and cleaned up the problem :lol:

Smell isn't a problem, lost that sence. Bags sounds good. Cleaning it up isn't an option, there's WAY too much. Hell hip boots may be in store or just stay off knees. Dung beetles! :laughing:

Absolutely. Hip boots, gloves, and if you can't use their garden hose, then bring an old brush and rinse water.
Another option I do not recommend, but will offer for the sake of brainstorming possibilities: Report them anonymously to the city office, so they get a notice to clean it up. Then show up when the raking is done. :keeporder:

The sled hill I detect is also known as "goose poop hill". LOTS of geese doing their business all over the place. I just keep an eye out for it and if I get a target, I push it away with my digger.

I'm not posting to this thread to keep it going but to say thanks for your thoughts. I'll be waiting till spring before deciding what I'll "doo" ha. Thanks again.

"It's just a little mud" I spent summers at grandpa's farm. He was a veterinarian, and I had to clean up some of the nastiest nasty you could possibly imagine. There are all kinds of bovine ailments that cause extreme gas build up that comes out one way or the other, and the cure is even more explosively nasty. I've seen things. Things I will never forget. A barn full of veal calves with explosive diarrhea. Seared in my mind is two guys from the rendering plant sitting on a bloated cow while eating their lunch.
No matter how nasty it was Grandpa would tell me "It's just a little mud. you'll be alright, just don't pick your nose"

Offer to clean their yard & keep everything you find, this will make the owner & you happy. Don't discount small yards, the last house I hunted had a very small front yard & I dug 62 coins including a silver Rosie. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom