Nox 800 Guessing Game

TinT_C

So I'm new to detecting and trying to learn the Nox 800. I was out yesterday and found an interesting target. Would like to see what more experienced nox users would guess this might turn out to be.

Attachments

• I2edit.jpg
    I2edit.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,049
Thanks for the responses. I watched a video of someone demonstrating how the Nox reacted to coins on edge so I thought that must be what it is. I also remembered someone on this site saying that they "always switch to all metal before digging a target". I did that and didn't think it was a coin anymore! Looked and sounded like this.

I3.jpg

Well, I guess this is how one learns.

boltedit.jpg

Thanks All

I always use all metal all the time on all my machines and probably would have determined it was iron but I would have still dug it. I like to discriminate with my eyes on my sites

Last edited:
I always use all metal all the time on all my machines and probably would have determined it was iron but I would have still dug it. I like to discriminate with my eyes on my sites

I pretty much use all metal all the time too. I don't think I've ever dug something nonferrous if there was multiple iron tones mixed with high tones while doing a 360 on the target. And, like you I will still dig hoping for a coin next to iron:lol:

Look as if it could have rejected that rusted iron . Good hunting .

I pretty much use all metal all the time too. I don't think I've ever dug something nonferrous if there was multiple iron tones mixed with high tones while doing a 360 on the target. And, like you I will still dig hoping for a coin next to iron:lol:

me too! but usally is only a ferrous target there :(

I have dug quite a few numerous nonferrous with iron tones coming in. Both with horseshoe engaged and horseshoe disengaged. More with horseshoe disengaged because this is the way I hunt most of the time.

Just tripped across this again...and just for the record,I’m not a Nox user. I’ve just noticed this kind of behavior before on other Minelabs,I’d imagine it’s a common theme with other brands too...
It all depends on how sketchy you’re willing to accept a target being and still dig it up. And THAT depends on who you are and what and where you’re hunting.
Some signals like that are more obvious than others,but some are simply so wacky that it’s best just to see what it is.

Not a NOX user, so I was wondering what if the tone would show only iron if they had raised the coil some? I am wonder if the objects was so close to the surface it was giving a little high tone.

Ray

Back
Top Bottom