One Dive, then Disaster Struck

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Got a dive in this morning. Not a bad morning. Got a silver ring, then a 1893 O Barber quarter in pretty good shape, and then a first out of here. A 1907 indian head penny. Also got a 1925 wheat and a 46 wheat and a 1947 rosey.

I went up to change tanks and as I was walking back to the water my high pressure hose blew on my regulator. Having an air hose blow that was holding 3500 PSI is enough to scare anyone! Sure made me jump almost out of my wetsuit!

No extra hose with me. That one had a lifetime warranty so I thought it was good for a few years. Well it lasted two years.

The picture of the big brass thing has a broken front glass. I thought it was a clock but there are no winding knobs, just a hanging loop. Guessing it was a barometer or something hanging in a ship. Right now it is full of clay.

Got an extra hose here. Will get set up for tomorrow, hopefully.

Just remembered why I was too scared to try diving:shock: Cool finds. Make some nice display material. Im thinking about making a bottlecap table display:lol:

Cool goodies Scuba! I need to learn how to scuba!!

Dang! Glad it blew on this side of the water and not below. That indian head is really nice looking, love the old door knob too!

Never experienced anything like that. I am afraid that my wet suit would have needed a lot of cleaning had that happened to me.

As everyone else said, better up top than down below for a blown hose... Will they honor the warranty?

Will contact them on Monday. Glad I had another one here although shorter than I like. But it will work to play tomorrow!

Still trying to find some spots in that place that will blow my finds out of the water for the year. (I think anyway)

Never had that happen before. Coming home yesterday a semi blew a tire just as I got next to it. Scared me also. I never had that happen either. It went bang and rubber was flying everywhere. Now this today.

I think my 9 lives are being shortened by a couple.

Your def getting some great finds from there. Just be careful. As previously mentioned, better it happened on land than in the water. I had a regulator go into free flow mode when I was 100 ft under. Luckily the air in the tank while disappearing fast lasted long enough for me to make the surface. Be safe out there everyone.

Wow! Glad you're ok and the hose didn't whip around. Great finds! Is that a door knob with the sliding bolt? Shaft looked a little long but it would make a great cane handle.

Nice finds! Was this a wreck you were on?

No just at an old beach and marina. No wreck. I was in 8' of water

Wow! Glad you're ok and the hose didn't whip around. Great finds! Is that a door knob with the sliding bolt? Shaft looked a little long but it would make a great cane handle.

Hose blew about 2 inches away from the 1st stage. I thought it was the pressure disk. Never had one of them blow either. I sure got that tank off in record time.

Yes that is a door knob and a sliding bolt. Very ornate. I don't make canes but maybe one day I will need one!

Thanks everyone. It was spooky and I am also glad it happened out of the water. Divers are trained to handle these things. One reason classes is a must. You learn how to handle emergencies and not panic while underwater hopefully you come out alive as Numil did.

Today is another day and I am all ready to get out and play again. I absolutely love having this compressor. I can come home and fill my tanks at my leisure while working around the house or whatever. I have two 3300psi tanks I fill to 3500psi. I can stay down a little longer with those critters.

Never heard of that happening before, but I'm no diver. You're lucky, that could have been bad. Glad it wasn't. That tire blowing will scare ya pretty good. I used to drive over the road semi's, so I know about those blowouts. After I quit driving, I was riding my motorsickle one day down the highway coming up on a semi, it was in the left lane, as I was coming up on the drive axels, I was thinking to myself , wouldn't that suck if a tire blew out , as soon as that thought finished , BLAM,,,,that freaking tire blew and peppered me in rubber shrapnel, one of the bigger pieces flew out and smacked my hand , it was sore for a while, luckily it was an inside tire, or that big gator would have likely taken me off the bike.
Be careful there Scuba, we love hearing your exploits , you're living the way quite a few of us would love to be .

Never heard of that happening before, but I'm no diver. You're lucky, that could have been bad. Glad it wasn't. That tire blowing will scare ya pretty good. I used to drive over the road semi's, so I know about those blowouts. After I quit driving, I was riding my motorsickle one day down the highway coming up on a semi, it was in the left lane, as I was coming up on the drive axels, I was thinking to myself , wouldn't that suck if a tire blew out , as soon as that thought finished , BLAM,,,,that freaking tire blew and peppered me in rubber shrapnel, one of the bigger pieces flew out and smacked my hand , it was sore for a while, luckily it was an inside tire, or that big gator would have likely taken me off the bike.
Be careful there Scuba, we love hearing your exploits , you're living the way quite a few of us would love to be .

Well said there Hawggie! Yeah Dee, just take it special easy and attentive for a while until this stretch of strange stretch of circumstances pass...Nice Finds though!

more cliff-hanger experiences for the adventures of scuba-detector !

Heck, we don't have to watch raiders of the lost ark movie for thrills adventures of md'ing. We just read your posts :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom