I am new to this

GRUMP

I would like to start by saying thanks for letting me join this forum. :grin: I just picked up a whites MXT. I get to send in for $150. of accessories from thier "Shopper Dollars". My question is, should I go for a Bullseye 120 mm, loop cover, and hat? Or another loop? Thanks for your help :?:

Get the 5.3 Eclipse loop. Buy a Vibraprobe and hat sperately. :yes:
This coil is worth the money.

$150 is all they're giving you eh? That's a tough choice. Personally I find pinpointers are hard to live without. I find it incredibly useful. I think the 950 coil is great for all around use. You have to ask yourself a question. Am I going to mostly hunt trashy areas (parks, schools, etc)? If so, you might want to get the smaller coil, though I think the 950 would do the job. If not, then get the pinpointer and don't worry about the coil. I use an 8" coil and it sorts the trash out really well and it's not much smaller than the 950.

I think I will go with the pinpointer. I read another thread of this forum and everyone sais not to leave home without it. I think in the long run it will be better to enjoy a dig, than dig for joy. And when I get the hang of this metal detecting then maybe I will get the 5.3 when funds are replenished. Thank you very much for your input, as I am sure I will be in need of more input soon. Thanks again. :grin:

Welcome Grump, I just received a Whites Bullseye 140mm today and went out this afternoon. I don't know how I went without it. I can't help thinking about all the digs I gave up on because I couldn't find the object. Granted I've only been at this a little over a month but I'm thinking of going back to those dig sites with the pinpointer.
I used it 4 times today and never had to leave a dig without the find.
HH

Back
Top Bottom