should I buy XP Deus - CTX 3030?

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
I have a nox 800 and looking to add another machine to complement the 800.

Thinking about the XP Deus or CTX 3030.

I mostly hunt parks, home sites and Civil War battlefield areas outside of Kennesaw Mountain Park in North Atlanta.

It seems to me that the XP Deus is a great relic hunter and the CTX 3030 is a great coin hunter.

Only have the budget for one of them.

Thanks for any help.

If you can take the weight...CTX.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since you already have a Nox... Get the 3030, everyone says they are heavy but it doesn’t bother me it is very well balanced. When you start to understand what the machine is telling you it is like cheating!!! It is one fantastic machine!

Deus is a great buy today as the wave of "latest got to haves" changes at least once yearly and sometimes even more resulting in good buys across the "used" market. You would also appreciate the light weight of the Deus.

A combination of Deus and FBS is hard to beat whether you should choose A CTX or an Etrac. I prefer the Etrac because of the myriad of accessories available at good prices.

Both have years of you tube "how to" examples by experienced users on how to get the best performance along with tips on particular applications.

FBS will cover any silver asperations you might have and the Deus is an undisputed Relic hound. Both also have US based repair centers and a working history to validate claims of fame.

But still with all that said every so often I'll drag out my $150.00 Mojave for a reality check when the numbers, tweets, honks, buzzes, bells, and whistles become too much.

I have a nox and deus with the x35.
I really think if you have a nox you don't need the deus.

Get a Deus. I think it compliments the Nox much better.

I have had all three and in my soil the Nox and Deus outperformed the CTX. IMO, I think the CTX is a bit over hyped.

So minelab claims the 800 was designed to be most effective on mid range detectors, isn't this where the XP falls? I'd go for the CTX to help you focus on the higher range conductors.

Im so use to the lightness of my Deus with 9” that my Equinox is kinda a hassle to swing for longer periods. Cant imagine needing to swing the boat anchor CTX unless steel bottle caps are a problem where you hunt

Back
Top Bottom