Does Anyone Want to see What Wild Gold Looks Like? 8 Ring Day

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Well I sure do! :laughing: Went to a beach with Kevin for a couple of dives. He scored a 1951 10K class ring.

One 10K gold filled sterling ring so three silver, three brass and two aluminum. Two silver Washington's, two merc's and 6 wheat's. Certainly not for lack of trying here today. Lots of trash in this spot. Two tokens, president Garfield one and can't decipher the aluminum one yet.

What you see is what I got except for a old brass boat handle I didn't get a picture of yet.

That's a pretty good variety of stuff, sorry you missed the gold but that first ring in the pic is kinda neat and looks sort of old fashioned, even if it's plated.

I have a spot just like yours, big place..pictures show people swimming out deep at the end of a big pier. I have yet to touch bottom at this place, My depth finder is telling me 8 foot. Tried to do a walk out, can't even get out 15 feet. Where did the sand go..? I know there is tons of gold there but has to be tons of sinkers also since they moved the beach in 1947 to the other side of the point and the pier is still there..from 19o7 to 1947 beach n pier, then 19o7 to 2017 pier only. I need to learn this dive thing for sure, bad here the water is so murky.... vis is maybe 12 inch's..

I have a spot just like yours, big place..pictures show people swimming out deep at the end of a big pier. I have yet to touch bottom at this place, My depth finder is telling me 8 foot. Tried to do a walk out, can't even get out 15 feet. Where did the sand go..? I know there is tons of gold there but has to be tons of sinkers also since they moved the beach in 1947 to the other side of the point and the pier is still there..from 19o7 to 1947 beach n pier, then 19o7 to 2017 pier only. I need to learn this dive thing for sure, bad here the water is so murky.... vis is maybe 12 inch's..

OBN, You might want to try one of these critters for fun. No idea the cost or when they are coming out but you could play for a few minutes to see if SCUBA is worth your time and money:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/device-lets-breath-underwater-without-121803037.html

OBN, You might want to try one of these critters for fun. No idea the cost or when they are coming out but you could play for a few minutes to see if SCUBA is worth your time and money:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/device-lets-breath-underwater-without-121803037.html

Cool idea, may go something like that.. I took a friend out with his Hooka last year. He said it was so bad he would find a target with his detector, Pinpoint it then just grab a handfull and hope he got it..if it disappeared he would stuff it in his mesh pouch for it to sift out the sand. He did not do well in two hours out. Someday Scuba I'll take the full plunge. Since I hunt with my eyes closed a lot I think I will do fine. Who knows..

But I sure do enjoy your adventures, Thanks for Sharing..!!

More interesting finds.

Back in the day there were a couple of hunts of less than 4 hours in Virgin territory that resulted in 6 gold rings.

Hard to find such results these days!!

Thanks for sharing your finds Friend,

Cupa

Back
Top Bottom