Four Rings but only one ding with update

Numil

Elite Member
Hit the beach today at 5AM. Surf was up so stuck to the areas that were awash with waves and then up to the the high tide mark. Up and down the beach I went like that for the next 4 hours.

Scored 4 rings today and the first was as soon as I started swinging the coil and was a heart stopper, well at least at first it was. After peeking in the scoop I see YELLOW! Whoo Hooo! Its flat on the top so I think its a signet ring so I pull out the ring and turn it over to see the signet and ... major shock and let down. I had to laugh at myself after getting all excited over that.:laughing:

The next couple of hours I was pulling hairpin (bobby pins) after hairpin and was getting frustrated. These items should be outlawed! :mad: I wasn't even finding my normal clad which keeps me going. Then some tourists stopped me and I needed a break anyway so stopped to chat. After a few minutes break from swinging the coil I continued the hunt.

Five steps and I find a toe ring. Its a junker but what the heck its a ring! Two more steps forward and a loud and clear signal and out of the scoop pops a large men's ring but its super light in weight. Examination shows it to be a titanium. Well as least I'm finding something to keep me interested. Headphone back on and continue forward. Again, no more than a couple steps forward I get a solid hit but by now I don't have high expectations. Scoop up the target and to my surprise its thin but heavy. Had to get it home to determine that's its 3.8 grams of Au750. :wow: Patience and perseverance paid off even though I was close to quitting. All within a couple meters of each other. I hunted for a while longer and pulled a couple junk earrings but decided not to push my luck so headed for the homestead.

Now the update, yep I got the teaching job and accepted it. The job will start the end of August so it looks like starting in Aug. my hunts will be restricted to holidays and weekends. Oh well, the 3 best reasons to be a teacher is June, July and August. The job ain't so much for the $$ but for the benefits which I'll need for my wife. She's retiring soon and losing her's.

Thanks for looking and good luck out there.

Attachments

• P ring back.jpg
    P ring back.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 452
  • P ring.jpg
    P ring.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 434
  • Todays finds total.jpg
    Todays finds total.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 438
  • Todays finds.jpg
    Todays finds.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 439
  • AU750.jpg
    AU750.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 434
  • AU750 weight.jpg
    AU750 weight.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 433
Don't get any better then that!! 750!! Very Nice!!

Nice score on the 18k, Congrats!!
Also, a big congrats on the teaching job. My parents retired from teaching with a combined total of 90 years. If you can read this,...Thank a Teacher!
DL

Great 18K Buddy! Well done! Condolences about getting the job though, especially when you are living in Paradise and such a Monster gold finder!...

Nowadays most jobs prove to be 'temporary and unprofitable nuisances!' :laughing: Well, make the best of it...

Yowch! That 'gold' smiley was really mocking you! Not cool! Glad you were able to make up for it by scoring the real deal!

Welcome back to the world of teaching! That's me too! I even have summer school starting up next week (we only have to do summer school every other summer, and it's only half-days, but still...).

It definitely sucks to have to be in class when there's fair weather and a nice low tide calling. But I manage to get some time on the beach on the weekends, and even after work on occasion. I'm sure you will too. :yes:

Nice find on the gold, and good on you for covering benefits with the job, those are worth more than gold now!

Dang nice 18k there!

Schwing!

Lol at that emoji ring.

Thanks, made me laugh when I saw it...

nice story, nice day, and some good finds

Thanks be safe out there

Don't get any better then that!! 750!! Very Nice!!

Thanks always nice to see the 18K marker

Nice score on the 18k, Congrats!!
Also, a big congrats on the teaching job. My parents retired from teaching with a combined total of 90 years. If you can read this,...Thank a Teacher!
DL

And if you can read this in English thank a veteran Tell you parents thanks for all they did!

Interesting looking 18K, the rest keeps you interested and moving on. Congrats on the finds.

Thanks, as Aquyaman says I think it was part of a set.

Great 18K Buddy! Well done! Condolences about getting the job though, especially when you are living in Paradise and such a Monster gold finder!...

Nowadays most jobs prove to be 'temporary and unprofitable nuisances!' :laughing: Well, make the best of it...

Thanks Mud!

Yowch! That 'gold' smiley was really mocking you! Not cool! Glad you were able to make up for it by scoring the real deal!

Welcome back to the world of teaching! That's me too! I even have summer school starting up next week (we only have to do summer school every other summer, and it's only half-days, but still...).

It definitely sucks to have to be in class when there's fair weather and a nice low tide calling. But I manage to get some time on the beach on the weekends, and even after work on occasion. I'm sure you will too. :yes:

Thanks Mud!

Nice find on the gold, and good on you for covering benefits with the job, those are worth more than gold now!

THanks be safe andy hope there's plenty out there for your scoop

I'm thinking that might be part of a set, no stones?
Odd shape...nice find:yes:

I was thinking the same when I pulled it from the water. I circled and gridded but no matching engagement ring to go with it. Perhaps another day. Thanks Aquaman

You gave KT a Royal Laugh with your first two images of that imogee ring! Ha ha!:laughing:

Yea! shocked me then I had to laugh at myself after I saw the face :-P Aloha and be safe out there.

Back
Top Bottom