First box of bank wrapped halves... (Pics Added!)

Phoenixkane

So today I got my 2nd box of halves. The first box I got was all customer wrapped rolls and was skunked. I thought I'd give it another shot and a got bank wrapped box, and it did not disappoint. I pulled 16 40%ers from that box. It was a little extra special because these were the first silver I've found CRHing. I also found 2 NIFC halves. Do those command any sort of premium? I never heard of NIFC until I accidentally stumbled on this CRH section of the forum (which is nice because I do more CRHing than MDing). Anyways, pictures will be up later.

Happy hunting!

Attachments

• 20131030_133507.jpg
    20131030_133507.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 112
  • 20131030_133553.jpg
    20131030_133553.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Nice man! I only got 6 from my box today. And nifc don't have any higher value now. But chances are down the road they may be worth something.

Congrats on the sweet haul - not common but might be in your area. Hold onto the NIFC for say, 40 years.

Well done! I just wound up with $500 of customer rolls. All but 15 had a check mark on the side of the rolls. Coins were in the saddest shape I ever saw in rolls. I'm finding black marks in different areas of the coins with felt tip marker. I'm guessing it's so someone coin roll hunting can tell they wind up with their dumped ones again.

Well done! I just wound up with $500 of customer rolls. All but 15 had a check mark on the side of the rolls. Coins were in the saddest shape I ever saw in rolls. I'm finding black marks in different areas of the coins with felt tip marker. I'm guessing it's so someone coin roll hunting can tell they wind up with their dumped ones again.

My last few boxes had lots of marks on the coins, too. I found at least 17 different marks that makes me think these are 17 different hunters. Each has a personal mark and/or color sharpie. This is why I gave up searching halfs. 19 skunk boxes in a row. Each box had about a 50/50 ratio between marked coins and unmarked ones.

Congrats on getting a Treasure Box! But do not figure that you will get many more like that...those come few and far between.

What KT thinks you got came from one silver dumper...someone who did not know what grampa had saved up, and they just cashed them in at the bank to get them back in circulation. When you get that many at once, you probably got them on the first cycle through the bank after the dump!

KT bases this on what happened to Him early this year. Teller called His Majesty to say that a lady called and she was coming by to get rid of a lot of silver halves...KT zipped down to the bank and one of the tellers already had them...out of 54 halves, KT recovered 8 40%ers and beat the cycle of having to wait to find them in boxes of rolls! HA HA

Funny I have my best luck from customer rolls. I do boxes/bags since they are easier to get but the customer rolls are the way to go in my area.

KT just had a thought about customer rolls...Those having success with them are getting rolls from non-CRHers and those having no luck after hunting large numbers of customer wrapped rolls are getting the dregs of someone CRHing! Seems logical anyway.

If you are having luck with customer wrapped rolls, you got no local CRHers! And the best of luck to you! Nice not to have any competition.

Locally KT never sees any teller at His bank with customer wrapped rolls, but He sees a lot of torn rolls in the trash can by the coin machine. The bank has a policy of not taking customer wrapped rolls, but asking them to dump them in the coin machine for counting...prevents the practice of substituting quarters or nickels or even foreign coins for halves! HA HA

Back
Top Bottom