Baby Marilyn lost her fork

Ron 71

Forum Supporter
And I was happy to have found it this morning! Another 19 grams of beat up sterling! :cool:
I also picked up 2 wheats a 46 and a 53, and a round brass piece I'm hoping someone can I.D
I have been challenging myself lately to find deeper/better targets and give up on digging the shallow clad.
The clad has been getting scarce anyway and finding just one "keeper" will make a hunt enjoyable for me.
I hope you all are enjoying your weekend! Thanks for the look and HH!

IMG_2047 (600x800).jpg

IMG_2051.jpg

IMG_2055.jpg

IMG_2054.jpg

The round brass piece is a rein guide from horse drawn equipment. Nice finds, congrats.

Nice catch, always cool to find personalized relics!
Thanks Zee! I was excited to see the monogram, I wonder how old baby Marilyn is now.
The round brass piece is a rein guide from horse drawn equipment. Nice finds, congrats.

Thanks bibelot! And thank you for the I.D. Historic aerials does show this being a farm field back in the 30's, Very cool!

I was excited to see the monogram, I wonder how old baby Marilyn is now.

Great hunt, Ron! And that fork is just fantastic - anything personalized really makes the object come alive and adds an element of mystery! Makes me wonder the same kind of things - how old is she now? Is she even still alive?? How did that fork get lost? Who was it a gift from? Was it a cherished item and terribly missed?? Did the family turn their house upside-down trying to find it? Never-ending questions that we'll never know the answers to - but always fun to speculate about!

Nice chunk of silver there! I am also going after more of the deeper signals and getting good results. I can't pass over the clad though. lol

Great hunt, Ron! And that fork is just fantastic - anything personalized really makes the object come alive and adds an element of mystery! Makes me wonder the same kind of things - how old is she now? Is she even still alive?? How did that fork get lost? Who was it a gift from? Was it a cherished item and terribly missed?? Did the family turn their house upside-down trying to find it? Never-ending questions that we'll never know the answers to - but always fun to speculate about!
Thank you AT! I feel the exact same way whenever I find anything old but not many around me share in the excitement, when I show a find to my wife she only ever asks "Is it worth anything" So now I just respond "No... But I sure enjoyed finding it" :D That's what is so great about this forum, brings a lot of us like minded people together to share in some excitement others can't seem to see.
Nice chunk of silver there! I am also going after more of the deeper signals and getting good results. I can't pass over the clad though. lol
Thanks StratTone! I'm easily distracted by the clad too and I enjoy popping easy shallow coins but I have to keep travelling further from home to find it. Good luck out there!
That is a cool little fork and nice piece of silver. I have found a couple sterling baby spoons but never a fork.
Thanks Jam! This is my first silver fork too, Iv'e found a few silver spoons but never a baby spoon, I hope Lil Marilyn tossed her spoon too! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom