Detecting for Real Estate Developers

Carol K

Co-owner
Admin
We got a call from a real estate developer (someone we did some work for in the past) who is planning on purchasing a house.

Anyway, he wanted us to leave what we are doing, and meet him on the property with our detector to find the well. We told him we had to finish what we were doing first and to pick us up at 3.

Anyway the point of this post is to show Epi what they are restoring around here. Sal said it was cheaper for him to restore than to rebuild. Rebuilding means a different whole set of inspection laws. Restoring just has to meet basic guidelines. He also said that the house could burn down and he could rebuild it the same without strict regulations.

Honestly this house sits on the ledge of a cliff. We plan on going back tomorrow to find the septic tank. But I will be looking for other stuff. ;)

Attachments

• oldhouse.jpg
    oldhouse.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 420
  • vladandsal.jpg
    vladandsal.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 399
In the Middle of Moving the Forum... we get a call

Honestly, we had no idea this house even existed. The old lady that had it was about 90 and it has been empty for awhile. I'll bet the price for the house and property is $125,000 as is.

Vlad also said e found the drain for the outhouse in the side yard. The real estate developer said that the house was 100 years old, but we do not believe that. We think it looks more like 1950's.

Sal said Indians owned all the property around there. We asked him what was inside the house, and he said, the same thing you see outside the house.

The storm windows signify the 50's, but I think the house is a little older, judging by the basic construction (although the foundation is not very old-looking)... ie: the porch railing and corner posts... even tho' that type post is "generic" and still available... but then again... you can still buy a right-front fender to a 1926 Bentley if you need one.
In that top picture, the guys look like they're watching the local poltergeist floating around. :lol:

are they orbes in the top picture maybe the old lady an some indians lol thats a strange but funny pic

Sorry about the orbs, it was raining. :roll:

Wow, somebody is going to have their work cut out, restoring that property :wow:

Gee, we haven't been able to go back to the house. It sleeted and snowed here. We've been stuck in the house pretty much.

When we see Sal again we'll ask him.

I don't know how large the lot is, but 125K for that is not unreasonable. The house is actually almost worthless by the looks of it. In fact if lots weren't so scarce it would be a negative number for cost of demolition and removal. That's based on the way things are in my area at least. We have actually hit a point in my township and a couple of neighboring ones where there are no more lots. It's teardown and replace at premium prices.

[quote="The real estate developer said that the house was 100 years old, but we do not believe that. We think it looks more like 1950's.[/quote]

I used to own a house in Spokane, WA that was built in 1906. What I see in the pictures looks very similar to the construction of that house. There have been some improvements that look to have come from the early 50's though.

Tom in GA

Back
Top Bottom