From centech, to... this:

my screwdriver is pointing to it...the blue thing with the screw on the top....
I have pretty much looked over this whole thread. Excuse me if I am wrong. In this photo, there is a place to attach two leads on the board labled MOTOR. Funny thing is that I have searched google and centech don't make a md with a viberating motor, maybe some sort of visual display (sweeping needle like on my bounty hounter perhaps) I would also like to add that after modding the handheld, how about fastening it to your fullsize, and make a holster for the probe!

Can someone forward me a copy of the information. Google keeps redirecting to their new online backup site google drive.

Thanks

This is excellent. Make a nice "How-To" and i'll add it to the list! Great work.
- aaron

I built one of these. It works as designed. The pulses on mine are faster. Not sure why. My major problem now is range. The range on my pinpointer is only about .75 inches. The one on your video looks to get about 3. Did you mod the detector to get better range? I have tried the blue pot and it doesnt change my range, just where it starts to run continuously. I have a speaker that I took out of a greeting card. It is a glue on speaker and seems to work when placed against the inside of the case.

This is a neat mod and mine is still working. I have other problems with the centech. Still mostly a range thing. I have also noticed that when it heats up I cant turn down the sens enough to make it stop buzzing. I figure one of the cheap components is causing the problem but I dont know how to figure it out.

This is a neat mod and mine is still working. I have other problems with the centech. Still mostly a range thing. I have also noticed that when it heats up I cant turn down the sens enough to make it stop buzzing. I figure one of the cheap components is causing the problem but I dont know how to figure it out.

Check in the Modified Harbor Freight sticky page 5 post numbers 89 for the fix and post number 97 for the parts. This helped mine a lot!!

Can't wait for full instructions. I have added a new power switch, Vibration motor and a 100ohm Thermistor to mine already. Now I have no probs with overheating.

Back
Top Bottom