1930 Class Ring, Old Dual Field Gold

Cupajo

Elite Member
4-24-11

Broke the handle of my "Poor Man's Back-Hoe"!!

A couple of years ago I cut off the welded stainless steel handle and installed a lighter aluminum pipe handle trying to reduce the weight a bit for easier handling.

Two mornings ago the huge stones I have been digging among to retrieve targets finally snapped off the top part of the handle near where it slides over the stainless tube at the top of the bucket.

That evening I trued up the broken end and re-connected it making it several inches shorter. I wasn't able to hunt again until this AM, but I can rest easy now knowing that it works just fine!

Dual Field found and dug W/Poor Man’s Back-Hoe! 1-10K class ring from 1930 (I don't think I can find the owner as it was worn enough that the school name is missing.)

Friends, there is one fact of life that cannot be ignored; as you get older, when you stop doing something you will soon find you are unable to do it anymore!

A Friend suggested I was getting to be a ”Pro” at finding rings and I replied, “as for the "Pro" thing, I couldn't "make a living" metal detecting, but I can have fun and get a hard workout doing it and maybe keep healthier.”
GL&HH Fellow Hunters,

CJ

Attachments

• addon.jpg 4-24-11 10K.jpg
    addon.jpg 4-24-11 10K.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,125
I was gonna suggest St. Bernards there (I went to Fitch High School in Groton) but I don't think St. Bernards had a class of 1930... the symbol on it is as Catholic as can be, so perhaps another school of that kind in the area?

I prefer old gold too, but will take any that I can find of course!!:roll:

Thanks for your replys Friends,:grin:

CJ

Gold!

Nice ring joe!! I love those old class rings!! I got a 1929 class ring in the spring...dual field find too!! I see you love the dual field as much as i do!!! Your off to a great start to 2012!

Many of the class rings I have found over the years have been 14K, but they are all 10K in recent years.

Thanks for your posts Friends,

CJ

Nice gold you dug there. Still looking for my first gold ring.......HH

Back
Top Bottom