• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Howdy from Ventura County California

NatureSprite

Hey Gang, decided to join this group so I could share the fun I have hunting with those that undertand. My wife doesn't get it, but then again, she doesn't understand why I like fishing either. :D She did like the monster silver ring I brought home a few weeks back though! I hunt Ventura County beaches and have access to some historic properties. I'm often asked by bystanders if I have made my money back on the gear yet (as if that was the point - nobody ever asks if you have caught $100 worth of fish yet :lol:). The answer is no because my 3 silver rings are on the fingers of my wife and daughters, the fancy mod sunglasses are now on my face, and I haven't sold my growing Hot Wheels collection. I'll never have to buy a cigarette lighter either (I don't smoke but feel a man should be able to make fire at any time). My coolest find this month was a set of stone masonry tools (Hammer and chisel) dating back to the 1920's. Found them along an old stone wall. Left them with the landowner as a display piece. Anyway, nice to meet ya'll!

Welcome from Wisconsin. Sounds like you are hip to the whole MDing mentality. We like pics of finds.

Welcome from Oklahoma. I was born in Oxnard and was raised in Port Hueneme, parents moved to Missouri when I was 12 (1972) we lived a block from the SeaBee base. Man I miss the weather and the beach. Happy Hunting!!!

Glad to have you here!!:cool: We lived right on Silver Strand beach when I was stationed in Port Hueneme!

Rock Walls

First of all Wecome from Panama Central America. I am glad you posted the tools you found.I never thought to look buy the rock walls. Here in Panama we have unending miles of rock wall built hundreds of years ago by the Kuna indians. Some of these walls go back 1500 years. slider....

new to the group

hello im new to this group i have been hunting around a few days around mostly river beds and creeks in my area looking for some information about any open parks that allow searching in the ventura county area any information would be great.

hello im new to this group i have been hunting around a few days around mostly river beds and creeks in my area looking for some information about any open parks that allow searching in the ventura county area any information would be great.

Go on-line and type in Ventura County metal detecting laws. It should tell you if you need a permit or not, but will also tell you what the rules are when you do go out. Good luck!

You've happened upon a really old thread.

Post a new Intro Thread of your own to get more looks!

WELCOME!

Go on-line and type in Ventura County metal detecting laws. It should tell you if you need a permit or not, but will also tell you what the rules are when you do go out. ...

And to add to this : If steven.reyes finds it to be silent on the subject (no mention of md'ing either way), then presto: Not disallowed :cool:

Back
Top Bottom