Last minute hunt finds Silver #31 FTY.

WildDigger

Elite Member
Was out with family most of the day and had a good time. We came home and wifey said she was going to lay down for a nap so I decided to head out for a hunt. I went to a friend of a friends house that told me to come by and try. It was built in the 1940's and his dad bought it from the original owners and he inherited it from him. The first signal was a clad dime and the second was a 12-43 12-44 at 3 to 5in and out popped a sweet sight. It was a 1935 Merc that was kinda gray in color. I showed it to Don (the owner) and the first thing he did is RUB IT HARD!!!:( Ohh well I forgot to tell him before I handed it to him.. :lol: After that I got a bunch of mems and clad dimes. A little while later I got a sweet 12-44 at 6in but kinda loud so I thought it was junk. It ended up being a match holder and complete in good shape. Later I found a odd pewter thing that looks as if it has a picture on it. It reminds me a a tin type but pewter. It is a image of a lady reading a book in a chair, well at least that is what it looks like. Any help on it? I also found 4 wheats but gave one to his son and a tootsie toy that I gave to him. It was his after all. I for got my camera but did take a pic and video with mt phone of the Merc.

I would say it's gonna be hard to top this year, but it's gonna be hard to top the last month!

Just told that the unknown item is either a coin press die or printers block. Now just to find out how old and which one.

Back
Top Bottom