need help with a coin.

camj66

I picked up a coin today for near nothing that is a 191? one centavo us/philippines. The last number in the date is not there at all.It is a die error. Can anyone tell me if this coin is worth much.I found there is a 1944 with the missing last 4, but I can't find any information about this one.Any help would be great.

I picked up a coin today for near nothing that is a 191? one centavo us/philippines. The last number in the date is not there at all.It is a die error. Can anyone tell me if this coin is worth much.I found there is a 1944 with the missing last 4, but I can't find any information about this one.Any help would be great.

Picture would help a lot!

Coins for the Philippines were minted in the USA, as it was a American territory after the Spanish-American war.

I am aware that these were minted in the US. I have several in my collection,especially the one peso.1993-06. They have a high silver content .The 10,20,50 centavo are silver as well in certain dates, but I have not herd of one missing a number in the date strike as this one centavo has.

Back
Top Bottom