• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Beautiful Morning, BETTER HUNT Silver and Trifecta Pennies

Buellride

Forum Supporter
Hit the same old series of streets that have produced the last 5 times I have hunted there. Purely curb strips and in a neighborhood that I have harvested silver dimes, lots of Wheaties and an Indian Head Penny.

Today, my first hunt since coming back from my Hawaii "honey hole" stomping grounds :D I found my first "penny trifecta" of a 1956D wheat, 1963 copper and a 1906 IHP. Even though I created my trifecta over my 2 1/2 hour hunt they were all found today.

The U.M.C. .45 GOVT headstamped cartridge (supposedly it is a .45-70 round that is only stamped .45 GOVT) was a super neat find to find in a residential curb strip (circa 1870-1906)

The silver quarter was my second target of the day (first was what I thought was a ring but it wasn't). That makes 2 silver quarters in the space of 6 days and 3500 miles apart:laughing: (I found the other silver quarter on last Sunday in Hawaii).

Total finds were $2.99 but it was a wonderful morning and even better hunt from a historical perspective!!

HH all!!

Attachments

• .45 round.jpg
    .45 round.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 214
  • 11_17 silver and IHP.jpg
    11_17 silver and IHP.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 206
Congrats! Any morning spent detecting is always a great morning. Nice variety of finds for sure.:yes:

Hit the same old series of streets that have produced the last 5 times I have hunted there. Purely curb strips and in a neighborhood that I have harvested silver dimes, lots of Wheaties and an Indian Head Penny.

Today, my first hunt since coming back from my Hawaii "honey hole" stomping grounds :D I found my first "penny trifecta" of a 1956D wheat, 1963 copper and a 1906 IHP. Even though I created my trifecta over my 2 1/2 hour hunt they were all found today.

The U.M.C. .45 GOVT headstamped cartridge (supposedly it is a .45-70 round that is only stamped .45 GOVT) was a super neat find to find in a residential curb strip (circa 1870-1906)

The silver quarter was my second target of the day (first was what I thought was a ring but it wasn't). That makes 2 silver quarters in the space of 6 days and 3500 miles apart:laughing: (I found the other silver quarter on last Sunday in Hawaii).

Total finds were $2.99 but it was a wonderful morning and even better hunt from a historical perspective!!

HH all!!

WOW. I found the very same trifecta, except for the wheatie...mine was a 29s.

That detector sure has a lot of miles on her Paul. Congrats on another Silver Washington, the Penny trifecta, the Indian and a cool old Cartridge. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom