9v battery detector

tomme boy

Has anyone made a battery out of 2 18650 batteries. I have a bunch of these and the 9v are getting costly. Plus they have way more capacity so they should last much longer.

Was thinking of doing a external mount wired to the internal plug. On a Teknetics Minuteman.

I've seen many make the packs that work very well, but not specifically to replace the 9v, I'm sure it would work fine

I get my 9 volt batteries for free when they change the smoke alarms in my apartments. Even used they test almost full. Now if I could only find a way to get free AAs.

If you use the 18650 be aware that the voltage you get with 3 batteries is 11.1 Vdc. That may be too much voltage and require a regulator in the battery pack to lower it closer to 9 Vdc.

I was going to use 2 of them. As they are 8.4ish volts for two. A 9v battery is usually not 9v. Some are around 8.3v like the rechargeable 9v batteries. I can put this together for around $5. As I have a bunch of the 18650 batteries and the charger already. Plus the capacity of the 18650 is way higher than the 9v also so I would not have to change them out as often.

Going to order the battery case soon and change it over this winter. Then have it ready to go this spring. But I will test it out in the house leaveing it on to see how long it takes to drain the battery down.

I get my 9 volt batteries for free when they change the smoke alarms in my apartments. Even used they test almost full. Now if I could only find a way to get free AAs.

Right there would be one massive SCORE and would make a buying decision on a detector! I buy Detectors that only use AA's on account of the operating price and Everything in my house operates off of them......I dont have anything that uses 9V's so that and the price of the 9's makes me only entertain purchasing rigs that run AA's....Its something a guy has to think about....

Back
Top Bottom