Sharpening your digging tools

Minlooker

Does anyone sharpen their digging tool? I have a new Lesche hand digger (not shovel type) that I haven't been able to use yet (Minn). Is it better to put a slight edge onto the blade or isn't it needed?

Yes I have a work sharp knife and tool sharpener. I do all my tools and knives razor sharp. I know some will say keen is a better but I prefer sharp.

"sharp" can not only wind up cutting you at some point , accidents do happen , but a sharp edge wears faster ( digging through dirt , rocks , etc ) and can prematurely wear out your digging tool. Usually just keeping a crisp beveled edge is a good idea , its not any more dangerous than it has to be , it will last longer before needing a touchup , and you arent grinding away your digger as quickly. All the while its still just whats needed to punch into the ground well.

Sharpen, makes it easier to insert into thugs and other bad people that get into your personal space looking to do you harm.. does not take much to put an edge on it, just did this last weekend!

Back
Top Bottom