thoughts on the hobby after watching this detecting cartoon

leslie(nova scotia)

Elite Member
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=602674986544146
Recently there was a contest on a forum asking if you remembered your first time out detecting. Tried as I might I couldn't recall that day but it did bring back a few memories and a smile to my face.

I see that Stevie O (Arizona) shared a few of his memorable moments of the hobby with us and the response was overwhelmingly positive. This leds one to believe that this hobby is one that not only embellishes life long friendships instilling one with intestinal fortitude, a sense of accomplishment but a way to purge one's soul while maintaining that small child in all of us. To see a grown man (or woman) kneeling down diligently digging a hole in the earth envisioning a find of a great lost treasure and being happy with a penny epitomizes the spirit of the hobby.

Along the way we have all encountered adversity , despair and moment of fleeting joy and have continued on; what to an outsider would be comparable to King Arthur's Knights quest for the Holy Grail. Here too the common threads are evident in the bonding, devotion and endless pursuit of the quest.

Let not politics, religion, personnal petty differences nor even inclimate weather deter us from this unique hobby where the greatest treasures of all are....... a friend, a laugh and finding one's self.

I like it too. The characters and their expression were priceless. So i guess the whole meaning for the video is, share the wealth and be happy. Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom