ghost town

Mr Mud

Attached are some pics of an old ghost town near me named Caribou . I thought you folks would like to see these pics. I plan on hitting it hard this summer when the snow clears.

Attachments

• 1885.JPG
    1885.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 220
  • 1990.JPG
    1990.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 206
:neat: That's one of the things I miss about living in that part of the country. Nothing like that out here really, unless I drive halfway across the state. I used to live in WY and hunted antelope on BLM land, I was always stumbling onto an old falling down house or something out in the middle of nowhere. If only I had a detector back then.........:roll:

:neat: That's one of the things I miss about living in that part of the country. Nothing like that out here really, unless I drive halfway across the state. I used to live in WY and hunted antelope on BLM land, I was always stumbling onto an old falling down house or something out in the middle of nowhere. If only I had a detector back then.........:roll:

I hear you there, LOTZ. Used to live in SW Colorado myself, and I miss the wide open lands! Absolutely NOTHING like that around here!!

WOW! That would be over the top to hunt there. Good luck on your hunts there, and remember we like pics.;)

Man, that looks like it would be a great week-long camping trip. Just set up a tent in the middle (after it is cleared of course) and have at it! Need any help just let me know!! :D

I just moved from Colorado!

Mudd that place is so cool. I love ghost towns and am going to explore a couple here in next door Idaho this summer, going to take my camp trailer up if I can and spend a few day's. O-the history, I love the pictures and the stories. :grin:

I read a few first hand hunt results done in heavily nail/trash area's that the Deus is sqeezing a few more silver coins from old ghost towns. HH

I'm in Arizona, we have many Ghost towns. Most are privately owned lands, no MDing. But a few we can. You have your work cut out for you. Maybe you can find their garbage dump too. In my photos I have some Ghost town photos too. One town has a handful of people in it. I like their town entrance sign. It's on an old refrigerator door and the town name......... fell off. Hahaha! It does say Welcome at least. Good luck to ya!

It would feel good but hope you don't hunt it alone. If you do, I'm sure living out there your proficient with a rifle. I can just picture some hermit peeking at you from the windows of the old abandoned houses! Thinking he can use that detecter thing to prospect nuggets in them hills!! If you see a weird kid with a big head and a banjo just run!!
Tin

Back
Top Bottom