At my whits end...next step???

I can not believe this was never resolved. This kind of thing turns my stomach. The worst part is that the loser is probably doing the same thing to someone else right now. Hope you get some satisfaction in this matter.

Chad,
Post his name and new street address so the FF members can send him a nice card and friendly reminder to do the right thing!

Chad, sorry to hear about you get ripped off by that d-bag. Not that there is any consolation but people like that live horrible lives doing whatever they can to put a couple bucks in their pocket which means ripping people off repeatedly because they cant, and wont do what it takes to earn it the right way. Just know you are a good trusting guy who will eventually move on from this and learn, while he will always be a unhappy low life looking for another victim.

Chad,

I was a cop for a long time. I worked everything from Internet crimes to vice/narcotics. I retired as a Lieutenant and I can tell you this is 110% a scam. He is hoping by sending you some sort of an item to make it a civil matter. It is fairly common. See of the admins here will lock his account. Keep all of your emails and communications. See if the admin will give you the IP from the post. They may not but the longer it takes for law enforcement to get this info they are less likely to find him.

You need to contact the postal inspector in that area. If they do not work the case contact their supervisor. Just as with all government employees some are great and others are lazy. Just remember this saying "!!!! rolls down hill". Supervisor have supervisor and if go up the chain of command something will get done . I would say to give each supervisor a chance and thought explain your case. Try not to piss them off but rather get them to see why nothing is happening in your case.

I had wanted to buy a used detector but for $100 more I just went with a new one to avoid the risk plus the warranty.

I really hope you get a resolution in this case. The longer it goes the harder the case is to solve. People move... ISPs only keep IP records so long ect. The scammers know this and try to buy time.

Do not let him get a free pass on this!

Wow, this is just too sad to hear. I've only had one transaction on here and it went great. The group on this forum just seem to be so honest and sincere, always eager to help each other out. I guess there's always that one bad apple though. I hope karma really catches up to him.

Jamie

Back
Top Bottom