My First Attempt At Making A Detecting Video

Mike K "Ohio"

Well I've learned allot of what not to do and what things I should be adding! If anyone wants to give me feedback it would be much appreciated!!! I know I like to listen to the tones and see how the VDI is reacting also. So I've added those to the video and will in future videos!!! If you want to see more of those just subscribe to my channel and you will get notices of when I upload a new video :detector:

https://youtu.be/GXR0PoAEPhQ

Mike, for your very first video you did a pretty nice job. I also like the pre-dig signals that you utilized. Just a bit of thought... If you want more feedback on your thread's, you may try making comments on other peoples threads. I have found that being recycipcle is a good habit to get into. Trapper

Last edited:
Well done mike. I like the captures of the "before" analysis. Bringing the viewer along to see what you're evaluating and hearing. I liked how you panned the landscape showing the viewer the type location you were at. The intro. was good, the audio was good. The wrap-up was good. The "feel" of the emotions brings the viewer along for the hunt.

The only thing I would add, is to include some audio of the various signals you are electing to pass. Like at the time you are capturing the potential "perfect dig-me-deep-coin signal", also compare to some close-by signals that you are electing to pass . Eg.: scratchy rejected signals, or modern surface clad, etc.... That way, when a newbie is watching, he gains a lot from the audio differences.

The only other thing is : Sometimes it's fun to capture the entire signal, to dig, to reveal sequence (like you guys did on the O-ring object).

And lastly, regarding the Large Cent : Sick sick sick ! :sissyfight:

ALL MD'ing videos should list the equipment used in the description, it's so frustrating not to know what was used. All it takes is a Notepad txt file on the desktop to copy/paste from when you upload your video.

If you want more feedback on your thread's, you may try making comments on other peoples threads. I have found that being recycipcle is a good habit to get into. Trapper

Understood Well I'm new and Just got here haven't had time to get to that point and with thanksgiving now passing let life resume :) Thanks

Mike K "Ohio"

Well done mike. I like the captures of the "before" analysis. Bringing the viewer along to see what you're evaluating and hearing. I liked how you panned the landscape showing the viewer the type location you were at. The intro. was good, the audio was good. The wrap-up was good. The "feel" of the emotions brings the viewer along for the hunt.

The only thing I would add, is to include some audio of the various signals you are electing to pass. Like at the time you are capturing the potential "perfect dig-me-deep-coin signal", also compare to some close-by signals that you are electing to pass . Eg.: scratchy rejected signals, or modern surface clad, etc.... That way, when a newbie is watching, he gains a lot from the audio differences.

The only other thing is : Sometimes it's fun to capture the entire signal, to dig, to reveal sequence (like you guys did on the O-ring object).

And lastly, regarding the Large Cent : Sick sick sick ! :sissyfight:

Noted and thank you for taking the time to give me some feedback :)

Mike K "Ohio"

ALL MD'ing videos should list the equipment used in the description, it's so frustrating not to know what was used. All it takes is a Notepad txt file on the desktop to copy/paste from when you upload your video.

Right I underhand that I have a sheet will all my settings and lots of people don't even get that far into it. But I will ad the detector I'm using as that's a good point. Thanks....

Mike K "Ohio"

Tom loves seeing large cent coins.

Me too they are just getting harder and harder to find... With all these $300 detectors coming out will only make it harder lol.... But I guess it will mean more when I do get one right? Lol....

Mike K "Ohio"

Me too they are just getting harder and harder to find.....

Huh ? There must be some mistake here. You are from east of the Mississippi, right? Then in that case, just go to the nearest sandbox, and you should be able to bag them easily. :sissyfight:

Huh ? There must be some mistake here. ust go to the nearest sandbox, and you should be able to bag them easily. :sissyfight:

Lol I need to find me a sandbox hahaha. We hit 5 early 1800 places and 1 IH out of all of them....

Mike K "Ohio"

Mike, for your very first video you did a pretty nice job. I also like the pre-dig signals that you utilized. Just a bit of thought... If you want more feedback on your thread's, you may try making comments on other peoples threads. I have found that being recycipcle is a good habit to get into. Trapper

Thanks Jack & Jill Lol... Well I was hoping to share what I find plus teach people who use Equinoxes what certain targets sound like before they are dug!!!

Mike K "Ohio"

The next big leap in metal detecting will be a screen on the handle that shows the object in real time. The signal is just a non-radiating subsonic after all. How hard could it be? :p

The next big leap in metal detecting will be a screen on the handle that shows the object in real time. The signal is just a non-radiating subsonic after all. How hard could it be? :p

Would be interesting to see one :)

Mike K "Ohio"

Back
Top Bottom