Out of order introduction!

Ginniper

I was so excited to help ID an item that as soon as I got join approval I jumped right in without an introduction! I'm a long time stone artifact collector in rural Alabama, but just recently got into detecting. The land I hunt on has been home to my ancestors for...well, forever honestly :lol: ! I cut my teeth with a Bounty Hunter IV before moving up to my beloved current detector; a Garrett AT Pro. I haven't settled on a singular "type" of relic to focus on, so for now I'm an optimistic opportunist.
I've been fairly active on two Reddit forums, aka subreddits, (r/metaldetecting and r/whatisthisthing) for quite awhile and I've gotten fairly good at ID'ing obscure objects,coins,relics..etc so I hope that I can put that knowledge to good use here! So far, everyone has been absolutely peachy and I'm excited to be part of the "gang"

Cheers- Gin

Welcome from Winnsboro, South Carolina !!!!

Your ID'ing skills can be put to good use here, occasionally someone will post a real doozy of an unusual find to try to ID :lol:

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

Welcome to the forum from Ohio!! I also LOVE finding stone artifacts!! Here is a few I found creek hunting all summer!

Attachments

• FF0B1418-ED58-4A4D-AC88-FFA21A0EE89F.jpg
    FF0B1418-ED58-4A4D-AC88-FFA21A0EE89F.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 366
Welcome to the club. Any finds on the homestead yet? We love pics.
Thank you! O yes!! Tons of pottery, a few bottles (haven't found the privvy yet but I'm still probing), odds'n'ends, and parts of a wood stove. I put a few pictures in my 2019 album and I'll be adding more for sure!

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Where are you located in the Deep South? Hunting a buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Monroe county Alabama! I gather from your username that you're in Louisiana, yes? I'm headed to NOLA for the Fete des Fromage this weekend (and to dig up a friend's yard in Algiers Point lol)!

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom