#s 41 and 42 were quarters

NCtoad

Forum Supporter
I got out for a 50 minute hunt on the property where I work. I've only hunted here about four times prior to today and have yet to hit any silver. The property where I work dates back to 1909 or maybe even a few years earlier. It was a vacation/resort area back in the day. I knew there had to be silver here...just hadn't hit any yet, until this evening. My second coin was a wheatie. I've only dug 3 wheats total previously here, but any wheat is a good sign and I like digging them. About 35 or 40 minutes later I get some really nice fainter sounding high tones (I was in 50 tones on the nox) and the depth meter was pegged, numbers in the low 30s. I had a very strong suspicion it was silver and after digging down 6 or 7 inches it was still in the hole, so I took another shovel full out and it was still in the hole. I then reached down with my hand and grabbed a fistfull of dirt off the bottom of the hole, ran my pinpointer over it until I found my very first barber quarter, a 1900 which is my oldest silver coin. That got me pretty pumped, but it was getting late so I started working my way back to the car and about 50 feet from the barber I get another real nice signal. Six inches down was a legible date SLQ...1927! It's my 4th slq, but the only one that has a readable date on it.

Attachments

• 20191204_171258_HDR.jpg
    20191204_171258_HDR.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 158
  • 20191204_171307_HDR.jpg
    20191204_171307_HDR.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 135
  • 20191204_171754_HDR.jpg
    20191204_171754_HDR.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 139
  • Message_1575497920006.jpg
    Message_1575497920006.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 136
Excellent. Any differences from when you hunted previously? Wind blowing from a different direction?

Great hunt!!! I love those maxed out depth meter, low 30s signals! They don't come often.

Wow, you did great. I hope to dig my first silver quarter next year. I couldn't imagine finding a slq and Barber quarter. Good job.
-Levi

Nice! SLQs are so hard to find especially with a date. And I love barbers! Congrats.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

:clapping: Great recoveries, Scott! Your first Barber quarter is in nice shape.

Congrats on the old quarters! SLQ'S are so tough to find around here. I must have found over a dozen barber quarters, one seated quarter, and only 2 SLQ'S! The SLQ'S were merely inches apart too, so they basically count as one :lol: the late teens/and 1920's was a tough time for my area apparently. Very nice, thanks for sharing!

Brother I’m jealous lmao!!! Did I mention that I’m jealous?!! Congrats on the awesome digs man!!! Just so you know......yeah to top that I’m shooting for a Morgan on our hunt this weekend!!!

Toad congrats on back to back beauties and you new oldest silver. That place has more to offer for sure. Good luck, Mark

That is great man! Those are two hard to find coins. Sounds like a good property. Keep hitting it!!

Wow, NCtoad! A pair of Silver Quarters... Barber and Stander, that is one fine hunt!
Thank you!
2 great coins! Fantastic hunt 👍
Thank you!
Excellent. Any differences from when you hunted previously? Wind blowing from a different direction?
I hunted a different area...this place is very big.
Great hunt!!! I love those maxed out depth meter, low 30s signals! They don't come often.
Thanks! It was a textbook deep signal...the ones we all hope for:lol:
Some great digging Scott. Congrats on the Barber an d Standing Liberty Quarters. Two great digs. Trapper
Thanks Trapper! My coworkers told me this place had been hunted before by "a guy that does competition hunts" lol. He didn't compete too well on these two coins:lol:
Wow, you did great. I hope to dig my first silver quarter next year. I couldn't imagine finding a slq and Barber quarter. Good job.
-Levi
I never thought I would hit two consecutive quarters like these either...you never know!

Nice! SLQs are so hard to find especially with a date. And I love barbers! Congrats.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Thanks Ben!
That's awesome Toad ! Great play by play ,photos and of course the finds . Super congrats !
Thanks, I was pretty excited!
:clapping: Great recoveries, Scott! Your first Barber quarter is in nice shape.
Thank you Princess!
Awesome finds!!! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Vic!
Wow, amazing, I have not laid eyes on either of those coins myself, few barber dimes but never a quarter, big congrats. Wtg.
I hope you find one soon, thanks!
Congrats on the old quarters! SLQ'S are so tough to find around here. I must have found over a dozen barber quarters, one seated quarter, and only 2 SLQ'S! The SLQ'S were merely inches apart too, so they basically count as one :lol: the late teens/and 1920's was a tough time for my area apparently. Very nice, thanks for sharing!
I had never found an slq until this year and now this is my fourth! Thank you!
Brother I’m jealous lmao!!! Did I mention that I’m jealous?!! Congrats on the awesome digs man!!! Just so you know......yeah to top that I’m shooting for a Morgan on our hunt this weekend!!!
You jealous? lol! I'm sure you'll hit a nice silver spill soon:lol:
Toad congrats on back to back beauties and you new oldest silver. That place has more to offer for sure. Good luck, Mark
The guys at work said that it had been hunted pretty hard before, but I'm thinking there's more there too, thanks!
That is great man! Those are two hard to find coins. Sounds like a good property. Keep hitting it!!

Thanks buddy!

Back
Top Bottom