Hunting in The UK

I C THE LITE

I will be visiting the UK starting 11 Nov for a pheasant/duck shoot. My host has gotten me permissions to detect several properties with 1 being a very old and large estate. My questions are many so would appreciate any/all help

Is it ok to detect parks, school, woods, fields or other common areas in the UK.

I use a CTX and have the standard and 17 coil. Would 1 be better than the other. Don't know what or if any discrimination I should be using.

Looking forward to the chance to find any coin over 100 years old.

UK, England, Scotland Wales or Ireland, different laws on Treasure items.

Private land (farmland in the main) is OK with the owners permission, but be aware of that it may be a tenant farmer farming the land.

In general, public land no other than beaches in most cases.

Also some land may have restrictions on even though it is private land, SSI, Site of Special Interest, Crown Estate Land, National Trust land and of course archaeological sites.

The landowner should be aware of any of the above.

England and Wales the legal stuff below
.....;)

https://assets.publishing.service.g.../TreasureAct1996CodeofPractice2ndRevision.pdf

Last edited:
Doug is the best!! I would love to hunt with that guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Mike.

If you did Mike I would it easy for you.........:lol:

From last week.

GER0r2x.jpg

Good luck on your trip PJ.
But now that Mike knows you will be in the UK he will have more time to find the silver in Wisconsin 😂

Good luck on your trip PJ.

But now that Mike knows you will be in the UK he will have more time to find the silver in Wisconsin [emoji23]

Ha!! Thanks Scott I need every advantage possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom