2018 Goals

I'm only a couple months into detecting and still have a ton to learn. I have been trying to set realistic goals that I can reach. I haven't gotten to detect anywhere yet that has a decent chance to produce anything very old. My oldest coin is a clad 1964 penny. So I have a lot of room to exceed that . I've found around 14 dollars in clad and have gotten to the point that I pull 3-4 dollars in an afternoon. Seems that I have a growing collection of state quarters so one of the things I would like to do is find the complete set. sounds easy enough lol. I think I have 10-12 different so I have a ways to go. I doubt I'll find them all in 1 year but you never know. So many other things to accomplish, a silver coin , anything gold, jewelry , A biggie for me will be a CW find . So jealous of the people on here who get to dig all these things routinely. My checklist is long.

Not really sure what my goals should be as I'm just getting started. In fact I'm picking up a used AT Pro this weekend. Hoping to find something old, coins, relics, just anything cool really. But I'd really like to find an 1800's coin, not picky as to which one, even an Indian head cent would be green.

My dream every year is a gold coin. Since that is not happening realistically I am hoping for a seated quarter. That is also a stretch here in Nebraska lol. My first goal is just to get some thawed ground so I can do my first hunt of 2018

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What is everyone’s goals for 2018? Maybe a bucket list item? Certain number of silver coins? Ect... My goal for this year is to find a SLQ. I haven’t found one in my almost 15 years of detecting. I hope each and every one of you achieve your detecting goals! Good Luck!

Well I accomplished my goal!!! So I guess my new goal will be a Franklin half. Hopefully some of you also reach your goals! Good luck and happy hunting.

2 years ago I found 5 silvers.....last year after the deaths of my father in law.....then my uncle, then my brother in law, I may have went out 5 times......I'm back this year....barring no more family tragedy......my goal is to pick up after 2016 and double it....10 silver coins.....would love to find anything 1800s as well

Well I accomplished my goal!!! So I guess my new goal will be a Franklin half. Hopefully some of you also reach your goals! Good luck and happy hunting.

Well I lost my father this year, but I am keeping him alive with me and so far have smashed my 2018 goals!!! I have doubled my silver coin goal and have found tons of coins from the 1800s!

Just found this thread... so I'm a little late. ;) Oh well. ;)

My goals for the year are: $10.00+ in clad, another wheatie, and a silver coin. A silver/gold/platinum ring would be a very nice bonus, but is unlikely. The way things are going, I think I'll probably only hit my clad goal. :lol: Happy hunting everyone! :mder:

Oh, and for my unrealistic goal: 1800's $20 good coin. :lol:

I have a list of places to hunt that I want to pick at this year. So far it's been a good season.

IN the off-season I spend a lot of time doing research and sometimes going to those Historical Societies looking into has-been places where the goodies might be.

One place we can all start with finding the has-been places are those old Real Picture Postcards. These are all over the Internet for sale on places like Ebay.
All we need is a name and a general location and we can start looking into them. Many places still are just abandoned land are worth using our tools to look them.

Attachments

• fairground PA.jpg
    fairground PA.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 58
Well I lost my father this year, but I am keeping him alive with me and so far have smashed my 2018 goals!!! I have doubled my silver coin goal and have found tons of coins from the 1800s!

Sorry to hear about your dad... great job on the silver coin goal!

I have a list of places to hunt that I want to pick at this year. So far it's been a good season.

IN the off-season I spend a lot of time doing research and sometimes going to those Historical Societies looking into has-been places where the goodies might be.

One place we can all start with finding the has-been places are those old Real Picture Postcards. These are all over the Internet for sale on places like Ebay.
All we need is a name and a general location and we can start looking into them. Many places still are just abandoned land are worth using our tools to look them.

I do a lot of research also. When I’m not detecting I’m doing research! That fairgrounds would be awesome! Good luck

1802 half dime 1793 liberty cap large cent

George Washington button . Pennsylvania bucks regimental button , civil war belt plate

I started in February 2018. I set realistic goals of $50 in clad by Labor Day and $75 in clad by December 31st. As for other goals, I'd love to find any of the coins you folks find (mercs, barbers, seated liberties, indians, halfs) daily. My signature block speaks volumes in what it is lacking. I'd also like some jewelry. However, I'm not complaining at all. My clad pile is growing and I've found some cool items: a .30 caliber bullet, an old brass faucet handle, and eye glasses.

I was never any good at setting goals or achieving them in most of my Life...except for once..back in 2009... my second year as a detectorist, I set a goal of 10,000 coins! I got myself a little spiral folder and dutifully logged my finds and kept the daily tally...

Man I was hooked! I was out on the hunt and really knocking down coins and keeping the log! Trying to get faster and faster and finding the coin heavy dirt! Burned up all my Vacation time and every spare moment dedicated to achieving this endeavor!!

...Just that once I set a goal and hit it!...I was so proud of myself! It put a lot of pressure on me I didnt need though! I became a slave to hitting that goal! Was out in all weather! :laughing: In the end, Nobody gave one diddly damn about my CPH or CVA which was 90+ and .804 if you must know...

So yeah, I dont keep track and just wing it daily..then I buy some beer with the proceeds.....I found some silver coins and gold jewelry along the way, basically bycatch, eyeballed some bills and pulled some empty cans...:laughing:

Attachments

• snow road.jpg
    snow road.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 57
  • snow3.jpg
    snow3.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 51
My goal is to dig a war nickel, a large cent, and break past 1857 for oldest coin.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Well, I finally found a war nickel, and I broke past 1857 with an 1855 seated liberty quarter. Now I just need to find a large cent.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your father. :( My prayers are with you and your family.

I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your father. :( My prayers are with you and your family.

Thank you Princess.... it’s been a difficult year, but with every swing of my coil I know he is watching over me, I wish I could tell him all the stories from this year, he would have been so proud :(

Back
Top Bottom