Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Big boys Hobbies
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > What's the Value? > CRHing

Old 11-09-2018, 10:57 AM
Official Tot Lot King

Default KT was surprised!

After opening the first box this week, within the first 5 coins, KT recovered a 63 Ben! Oh, visions of a fat roasted turkey and all the trimmings danced through His Majesty's Royal Mind....but alas and alack...only a few NIFCs lurked in the depths of that box.

Then box 2 gave up only 4 NIFCs, and a 71S Proof.

Box 3 was worse with only 3 NIFCs!

KT was unoptimistic as He started searching box 4, and after picking up 1 Proof and another 5 NIFCs, the last 10 rolls yielded 1 68 40%er!

So KT had no idea, but was hoping box 5 would ring with silver! HA HA NO! Only 7 NIFCs were present.

So the total summary for this week is 1 Ben, 1 40% Ag Ken, 24 NIFCs (no keepers), and 2 Proofs.

But KT is happy for another Ben and being able to do a bit more than just keeping the silver streak alive! Proofs and silver, silver and proofs. KT adds to both and gets ready, mentally, for next weeks Royal Hunt. It will have to wait until next Friday, as KT has to attend a Driver's Ed course, due to reckless running of his Chariot before a local constable! At least, He is assured it will help lower the Royal Insurance Rates.

Enjoy the pics and best of luck to everyone this coming week.
Attached Images

Old 11-09-2018, 11:03 AM
Elite Member

Congrats of the silver, love those Ben's. Good luck with the class and lowering those rates. My 16 year old daughter is on my insurance. She's steadily raising my rates. Can't wait until she's 18 and can get her own insurance. Good luck on next week hunt.

Old 11-09-2018, 11:54 AM
Supporter

I also love Old Bald Headed Ben Silver! So good one there...funny how you have to take Drivers training! Whats next? Anger Management classes?

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:52 PM
Official Tot Lot King

Originally Posted by Junkminer View post
Congrats of the silver, love those Ben's. Good luck with the class and lowering those rates. My 16 year old daughter is on my insurance. She's steadily raising my rates. Can't wait until she's 18 and can get her own insurance. Good luck on next week hunt.
Just wait until you get old enough to be the beneficiary of age discrimination on the other end!

Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
I also love Old Bald Headed Ben Silver! So good one there...funny how you have to take Drivers training! Whats next? Anger Management classes?
Probably not a bad idea, but being The King, His Majesty could just tell them where to stick it! As far as the class, KT wants to lower His Royal Rates by about $300 annually and since the Queen took it last month and got the rates lower, KT decided it was a good idea....to keep from emptying the Royal Coffers so rapidly!

On a different note, KT got an overage on the bank dump this morning of $2.51 ....2.50 from the machine, and a penny in the reject slot!

Old 11-09-2018, 01:22 PM
Elite Member

Smile

Congrats on your royal finds, your Majesty!

Matthew 6:19-21
2018 Clad: 152 Coins ($10.40) ~ Totals: 400 Clad Coins ($26.15) ~ 1 Pre-Clad Coin ($0.01)
2 Foreign Coins ($0.06) ~ Oldest Coin: 1945 Wheatie ~ Au: 0 ~ Ag: 0
Harbor Freight 9 Function ~ Bounty Hunter Junior ~ Cen-Tech Pinpointer

Old 11-09-2018, 01:42 PM
Elite Member

Congrats KT! I enjoy your posts and seeing silver makes them better!!

Old 11-09-2018, 01:47 PM
Supporter

Nice Benji!

2 Compadres : 2018 (Total (4/4/13 to date)) - Clad: $163.22 ($804.72), Silver coins: 1 (6), Wheats: 17 (45), Gold: 6 (24), .925 8 (57), Rings: 41 (181), Oldest Coins: 1921 Ten Centavos Filipinas; Chinese cash coin

Old 11-10-2018, 03:43 PM
Elite Member

Nice finds my lord. My last two boxes turned out to be other hunters dumps.

Old 11-10-2018, 10:59 PM
Official Tot Lot King

Originally Posted by Wolf-Dog View post
Congrats on your royal finds, your Majesty!
Thanks Wolf-Dog, KT was glad to get those silvers, and the Proofs.

Originally Posted by Ohiodigger View post
Congrats KT! I enjoy your posts and seeing silver makes them better!!
KT always posts images of the Royal Finds as He knows His Royal Readers enjoy seeing some bigger silver!

Originally Posted by GroundSweeper View post
Nice Benji!
KT thanks you, it has a not unpleasing patina. KT does not clean any silver 64 or older because collectors like to see that age on them!

Originally Posted by Uncletroy View post
Nice finds my lord. My last two boxes turned out to be other hunters dumps.
Yes, Uncletroy, that can be rough! His Majesty wishes for you the best of luck in your upcoming boxes!

Old 11-13-2018, 10:55 AM

That's a great hunt in my opinion

Best find~ 1883 IHP . . Motto~Christ,Family,Metal Detecting. May each on reach one as a challenge for the immediate future.I believe with all my heart that standing for America means standing up for God who has so blessed this land- Ronald Reagan.When we cease to be one nation under God we will be one Nation gone under.-Abraham Lincoln.