Hello From Utah!

Sortiarius

Well actually I am in Williamsport, PA right now, but I can't wait to get back home to Vernal, Utah. It is on the eastern side of the state about half and hour from Dinosaur, Colorado, and an hour south of Wyoming. Lot's of wide open country, ghost towns and who knows what all in the areas.

I started detecting in the mid 90's when I lived in South Carolina. Loved to walk the beaches for hours and hours. I put the detectors away when I left there and haven't messed with them since.

I have an old Garrett and the first Bounty Hunter. Can't remember the models. The Garrett is green and the Bounty Hunter I think had a Lcd disply and 2 knobs. Fairly simple machines but i sure enjoyed them.

Hoping we are out of the long deep freeze we seemed to have been in back in Vernal, by the time I get home, and was wondering what I wanted to do once it got above freezing. I thought about the detectors and thought that would be a nice way to get out and enjoy the wilderness around the area. I am sure there are a lot of interesting sites to find.

Since my equipment is fairly old, I was scouting the net to see if maybe I should update them, and that's when I stumbled across this forum. I spent hours reading, laughing, checking out links, evaluating the great advice, and finally decided to step in and say hi :)

I think I have my sites set on getting the Whites Spectra V3i but not sure yet. At first I was wanting to go with the Minelab's Excaliber II but I doubt I will get back to the beaches anytime soon. This is the curse of the internet for me, Evaluate things to death before I decide, then I get something, and it's but if I had only got the other one ... LOL

My travels take me regularly to Pa, West Virginia, Texas, Oklahomer, Shreveport, LA, and once in a while home to Utah. It would be nice to do some hunting in the different areas.

Hope to hear from you all and good hunting!

Sorti

Welcome! :waytogo:

We actually have at least one other active member in Vernal... and that town only comes out to me because my parent company (Schlumberger) has an office there :yes:

Back
Top Bottom