Bottom of the 9th Winner

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I had another after work 3 hour hunt in those dry and very difficult and hot Saharan beach sands here in Miami yesterday. (That's for Craig! ;)) Nothing interesting for most of the hunt, (other than killing the clad), on a spectacularly beautiful late afternoon, and then the sun set. My time was now running out as either I would get kicked off the beach by the park officers, or I would run out of light. So just before I reach the lifeguard station that would signal the conclusion of my hunt, and the light was ending, I find the nice little unmarked mother of pearl(?) silver ring below. :woot: I was also surprised to notice a very beat up wheatie with an unrecognizable date when I went through the coins at home. 104 coins to my totals, $6.82 to the clad jar and a little silver, truly a nice outing. :yes:

Attachments

• 4-23-14.jpg
    4-23-14.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 273
  • 20140424_161925.jpg
    20140424_161925.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 264
Felix... on our sandy beaches you would have to dig 50 pull tabs before finding a keeper target... only time I hunt the dry is after a storm cleans the light stuff out... good job on the silver :)

Man, don't you hate those crusty pennies. You can't clean them no matter. Good target count. Looks like a good beach.

Man, don't you hate those crusty pennies. You can't clean them no matter. Good target count. Looks like a good beach.

I will eventually run those crusty pennies through a tumbler and even though they'll be pot marked many will go through the bank's machine. Money is money.

I will eventually run those crusty pennies through a tumbler and even though they'll be pot marked many will go through the bank's machine. Money is money.

I deposit them directly in the trash at the beach... I don't even bring them home ;)

Back
Top Bottom