Scored My First Gold Necklace!

Tilton

Elite Member
Went out detecting with Padilla today. We first hit a beach neither of has tried before and it was a total bust. Place was pretty much unhuntable and the water stank. Haha. So we quickly exited there and moved on to a place I was a little more families with. We both searched the water hard and I didn't even find a penny. So I decided to move up to the dry sand weaving in and out of beach goers and I heard a nice sound. Swept my coil over the target again and poking through the sand was a nice glimmer of gold.

As I reached down it appeared that I had just discovered my first gold necklace and had my first decent find ever in the dry sand. A girl was actually laying not to far away and she actually saw me pick up the necklace. We both gave each other a grin and I quickly through the chain in my pocket and moved up to an area where I could check it out more.

Looking at the necklace I could see 585! Woohoo! 14k! The pendant thingy looked a little cheap, but once I got home and cleaned it up, it sparkled. 24 tiny diamonds around a mother of pearl inlay. Beatiful little necklace. It feels really light in my hand but weights in at 4.3 grams.

The markings on the end links are N12-585 and on the other side AL'ORO. It took a little time googling but I found the company out of Greece and apparently it seems like that make some quality jewelry, specifically necklaces. http://www.aloro.gr/en/profile.php

Wow, that thing is sweet! How would you describe the signal? Every time I get a wonky sounding signal I'm hoping for a chain. It hasn't happened yet but I'm sure it will one of these days. Congratulations.

Wow, that thing is sweet! How would you describe the signal? Every time I get a wonky sounding signal I'm hoping for a chain. It hasn't happened yet but I'm sure it will one of these days. Congratulations.

Thanks! I remembering the signal being pretty good. It was a pop tab signal. I assume the little charm thing is what rang up, plus it was literally a half inch under the sand. I figured I would have found more chains or even pendants by now, or any jewelry other than rings, but I have 2 necklaces, 1 charm, 2 earrings and like 50 rings. Haha, I am not sure why that is.

Wow congrats on the gold!

Thanks!

That things sick, congrats. on an awesome find!!!:cool:
appreciate it!

Nice-Is the Cross gold too?

Yeah, the whole thing comes as one I assume from the jewelers. If you look at the website they have some similar designs shown. The website doesn't let you see much though and is the only website I can even find about the maker. Nothing else on google or ebay or anything.

Wow that is awesome! :shock: There is something magical about finding a gold chain...I don't know what it is but I find it more exciting than a ring for some reason. Nice work! :yes:

Nice one Tilton!
I have yet to find a necklace!
Or platinum
or a diamond
or 18k
or any pendant at all.

I'm not complaining. 7 gold rings in 4 months after 2 years of nada… definitely not complaining. But I am a little green :grin:

Like I said, at least one of us found something good! I'm happy to be digging up more targets so guess I'm getting used to the detector and digging. Hopefully next time we both get a good find!!! Looks nice though, congrats!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Wow that is awesome! :shock: There is something magical about finding a gold chain...I don't know what it is but I find it more exciting than a ring for some reason. Nice work! :yes:

It was pretty exciting! I had a pretty long gold drought if I don't include the small earring I found a couple weeks ago. At first though I though it was just a cheap walmart chain until I got it home and found the maker and realized I had a nice chain on my hands. The weight stunned me though. I though for sure no more than a couple of grams, very deceiving.

I think that is the nicest chain posted here IMO. Congrats on a quality piece :cool:

Thanks a ton! I really appreciate that. There has been some very nice chains posted.

Nice score!!

:thumbsup:

Nice chain. Congrats.

Thank you.

Congrats on a sweet piece of jewelry!

Much appreciated.

Nice one Tilton!
I have yet to find a necklace!
Or platinum
or a diamond
or 18k
or any pendant at all.

I'm not complaining. 7 gold rings in 4 months after 2 years of nada… definitely not complaining. But I am a little green :grin:

Haha, you will get there. I haven't found a couple on your list that are on my bucket list for this year. Platinum and anything higher than 18K. Didn't you find some homemade 24k ring though??

BTW, what size coil do you hunt with?

I use 8" because I'm always free diving.

Just curious

I use a 10". I kind of want the 8" to get into to tighter places and between rocks and such. I might have one out on next, as my coil is beat to hell. No coil cover, lost that last year in the water. The coil is pretty much cracked all the way around on the bottom. It's still working though. Only a matter of time though. Just like my scoops, I can't seem not to beat the !!!! out of my gear.

Like I said, at least one of us found something good! I'm happy to be digging up more targets so guess I'm getting used to the detector and digging. Hopefully next time we both get a good find!!! Looks nice
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Next time we go out, pick a spot that you think nobody has or would hunt, especially out there. I just got lucky today, but if you think outside of the box, the gold will come. We need to go some place obscure.

Nice work Tilton!!

That's a dandy for sure!

Congrats

<*)))>{

Thanks buddy!

14k = good day.

That it does.

Awesome find, congrats!

Thanks!

Sweet find!

Much obliged.

Back