Bagged me a Merc and a few other items of interest.

Slimpickuns

Forum Supporter
I rarely hunt the turf and mainly hunt beaches, but since beach conditions haven't been very good in SoCal lately, I figured I'd dust off my Garrett PP and Lesche and do some dirt hunting with the Sov GT. The last few days I've been hunting a local park that shows good potential for some oldies. Yesterday I was pulling a lot of melted lead slag and random brass and copper parts, one part in particular is stamped "Pat. Aug. 14. 1928" and I have no idea what it is but I figure It must be old. So today I went back and I dig up an old looking tag that says "Standard Stations Inc" on the front and on the back is says "Americas Favorite Service Station System - Courtesy - Service - Cleanliness". Started getting dark and the mosquitoes were starting to come out so I decided to dig 1 last target and 3-4 inches down I pull a 1928 "S" Merc, my oldest silver coin found, and the only silver coin I've ever dug out of the dirt so far. Gonna definitely keep hitting up this park.

Thanks for Looking, HH!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 462
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 492
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 501
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 468
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 453
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 460
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 459
Nice finds you'll soon see dirt digging has some sweet treasures as well. HH

Thanks! I think I already am, I'm hoping to dig up some more old treasures from this park. So far It's been pretty fun and interesting. Last time I was there I was approached by a man that asked me If I was "Gopher Probing" :laughing: I noticed he was wearing an "Orkin" pest control shirt. He wasn't on the clock just curious as to what I was doing, probably just got off work. Had to explain that I was looking for metal objects, not gophers. :D There is a lot of gopher holes though, hopefully they bring me up some shiny silver!

Back
Top Bottom