Ct, NJ , Ri hunters

What happened to the good old days, we never had the little critters biting back then?

that pic reminds me of when I used to take out swarms with a torch and a bottle of ether :lol: Poor little guys dropped right down wingless :D

Probably the biggest health problem out here in So.Cal is the weather. A good 7 months out of the year it can get quite warm. That in turn brings out all the beautiful lovely ladies. Many parade around in next to nothing ! Eye strain , neck issues ( from being on a swivel ) are a constant threat. But the biggest danger is a risk of a heart attack. Especially older gents who metal detect and have heart issues. Best to just avoid the beach here altogether !

+1 , What happened to the 70s & 80s , used to find 5 or 10 silvers a hunt, cleaner air , drink & drive , hunt any were nobody would bother you , full head of hair , in shape , un protected sex , fast cars , the disco days , all gone now :tissue::tissue::tissue::no::no::no:

+1 everything was better when I was younger:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Out Back Last Night

Just before dark to do dodo scooper dog clean up , a mosquito lands on my inner right calf , before he got me I slapped him off , a bad year with all this rain , EEE has got my attention , along with the kissing bugs, every time I see a stink buck on my back porch they give me the chreap's , what next :lol:

Agreed, EEE is nothing new around here. Just take precautions.

DEET

Spray that stuff on liberally. And get the real deal, 100% if you're worried.

I'm patiently waiting for a couple good frosts here in CT. Then it's time to hit some cellar holes. Been a dry hot buggy summer. Looking forward to some cool weather hunting.

mmmmm

Thought i had a new threat yesturday , i watched a snake chase a lizard yesturday on my back porch :shock: i like the lizards , frogs, and mantis here but the snake had to be killed to identify it, as my dog goes on the back porch into the back yard to dodo, i didn't want a poisonous snake around , did 2 hours of research , it was a Rat snake, i missed him the 1st time, and he set back up by the door again for lizard pray, picked him up with a trash grabber , that decapitated it with a poop scooper , it was a Rat snake, known to feed on lizards , they constrict them cut off there blood flow , Earl

Attachments

• P1010109.jpg
    P1010109.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 75
  • P1010108.jpg
    P1010108.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 78
Thought i had a new threat yesturday , i watched a snake chase a lizard yesturday on my back porch :shock: i like the lizards , frogs, and mantis here but the snake had to be killed to identify it, as my dog goes on the back porch into the back yard to dodo, i didn't want a poisonous snake around , did 2 hours of research , it was a Rat snake, i missed him the 1st time, and he set back up by the door again for lizard pray, picked him up with a trash grabber , that decapitated it with a poop scooper , it was a Rat snake, known to feed on lizards , they constrict them cut off there blood flow , Earl

Don't waste that meat... cook it up :yes:

Cfm-ct Reply

It was a baby , about 12 inches long , chasing my pet around the house Lizards was a no no , next one I kill , I'll trade you for some lobster tail's :laughing: PS if I was going to cook it up , it wouldn't be sitting in a poop scooper head , the pick was blown up in macro setting :lol:

Back
Top Bottom