A Special Hunt From Back Home

jjm861

Elite Member
I made it back to my home state of Minnesota for vacation last week. It has been a couple of years since I have visited, but it was great to see family and friends.

I posted a couple of years ago, my finds from the "old swimming hole" that has been around since the early teens. Just like in years past, I brought my detector again this year to give it another shot. I am glad I did, the old swimming hole did not disappoint.

What you see are my finds from two hunts totaling about 5 hours. Not a lot of targets, but there were some good ones.

1 - Merc.
2 - Buffalo Nickels
1 - Silver War Nickel
3 - Wheaties
2 - Silver rings and a silver owl
2 - Gold rings.

All hunts are special, but finding vintage gold is always a bonus. Not only is the vintage 8k signet ring cool (my first ring marked 8k), but I also did a little research on the vintage ring with the green stone. It turn out the ring is marked OB 10k. The best I can tell, the maker is Ostby and Barton, a fine jewelry maker from the early part of the last century.

Good Luck....Be Safe....Jeff.

Attachments

• 8-12 Overview.jpg
    8-12 Overview.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 465
  • 8-12 Coins.jpg
    8-12 Coins.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 454
  • 8-12 Rings.jpg
    8-12 Rings.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 438
  • 8-12 Weight.jpg
    8-12 Weight.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 451
Congrads on the OB!! Very cool save. I find those from time to time.....I even found one he made personally, has the Maltese cross as his personal stamp, along with the OB.

:dingding: Multiple gold and some great coins - awesome hunt! The St. Jude isn't gold? Looks like you got some Cubans swimming up there too! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom