Southern Maryland, Northern Virginia

SMPress

Hello,

I am looking for folks to go detecting with. I have looked for local clubs, but none of them seem to be active any longer. I dont really have any locations to go to. I do have permission to hunt one place in Saint Marys County, but it is only about a half acre or so. I would be more than happy to try to find places together with someone, if anyone is interested at all. i am pretty much a newbie at this. I did some detecting with a friend many years ago, maybe 10 or 12 years ago. I havent detected since then, and just bought a new detector to get back into it...

Anyone interested?

Thanks
Andy

I posted an ad on Craigs List last night looking for places to metal detect. I was AMAZED when I received a phone call this afternoon from someone in Southern Anne Arrundel county who said I could come hunt his property on any weekend, provided that he was at home. He says he has several acres, doesnt knwo what might be out there, but he thinks it was once a farm. Anyone interested? I need to find a weekend that I am free, and make sure it is OK with him. I didnt talk to him about bringing anyone with me, so would probablly keep it to a single person, and would need to get his OK first of course, but I dont think that it would be a problem...

Thansk
Andy

Good Idea

I'm a newbie done in Chesapeake, VA but was born in Towson. The Craigs list idea is great!

I may be a little far south but have located a large Union Fort/Earthworks back in a woods local to me. It appears to be located on a city drainage easement.

Best
RadioKrafter

XLT,

I lived in Pasadena for awhile as a kid, went to Pasadena elementary from k-4. I drove by it about a month ago for the first time in 20 years, I see they tore it down and built a new one, nothing lasts I suppose...

I am planning on being at the hunt at Sandy Point next Sunday, I just sent in my registration, having just gotten back into the hobby, and had to pay extra for it, but still looking forward to it...

Andy

Radio Krafter,

That sa bit of a drive for me. Probablly cant get away with comig down there, the wife would kill me, she works weekends which leaves me with a 2 year old, which would be hard to handle on a hunt. Still, I would love to try to get down there!!! I hunted a farm near Union City down there. I found nothing, and the guy who took me there got a bunch of old coins, and 2 unfired ACW bullets for some type of repeater, they still had the brass casings, but they were deteriorated, and the powder was gone...

I wish we had more cool spots like that up here...

Andy

Hello Andy, I live in the Waldorf area & I know a couple of spots in Laplata and Loveville areas we can detect. I've been detecting for about 9 months and would like to find someone to go detecting with. Just let me know if you are interested. Take care, Rob

Stafford Virginia

Does anyone know of a place to legally hunt for civil war relics in Stafford County? Seems like there are alot of encampments of private property but I wouldn't know where to start looking to ask the land owner. Any suggestions?
I am a newby and would like to find someone who knows the ropes to help me out.

Western Yankee

I'm in Northern VA

I just got my first metal detector a couple weeks ago, I've been collecting coins for a while now but the price of silver is getting too rich for my blood, and I've gotten most of the common date coins for most sets, so I figured I'd take a swing at metal detecting to see if I can't pull up anything for free. I got just a quick draw II, I wanted an ACE 250 but my fiance lost her ring a couple weeks ago which had prompted me to get a detector ASAP, so I didn't have time to wait for one from Kellyco. We found the ring, and the detector picked it up but we searched at night, with a foot of snow on the ground, and without shovels of any sort, so it was a crapshoot. But she found it the next day in a spot where the detector had picked up a signal, so I know the darn thing works atleast. I know a few places, I'm just completely new to it and don't really know what I'm doing. Anyways, I go to school at Mason, I got a car, and I've got plenty of free time on the weekends and over the summer.

Hello,

I am looking for folks to go detecting with. I have looked for local clubs, but none of them seem to be active any longer. I dont really have any locations to go to. I do have permission to hunt one place in Saint Marys County, but it is only about a half acre or so. I would be more than happy to try to find places together with someone, if anyone is interested at all. i am pretty much a newbie at this. I did some detecting with a friend many years ago, maybe 10 or 12 years ago. I havent detected since then, and just bought a new detector to get back into it...

Anyone interested?

Thanks
Andy

Live in northern VA (20 miles south of the beltway). Could probably hook up with you to hint the farm. Send me a PM if interested.

Does anyone know of a place to legally hunt for civil war relics in Stafford County? Seems like there are alot of encampments of private property but I wouldn't know where to start looking to ask the land owner. Any suggestions?
I am a newby and would like to find someone who knows the ropes to help me out.

Western Yankee

Live just a few miles from you in Dale City. I have a friend who has some property in Stafford that he has said I can hunt. Have been putting it off until the weather turns. PM me if your interested in getting together in the next month or so.

By the way, :welcome2: to the forum.

I just got my first metal detector a couple weeks ago, I've been collecting coins for a while now but the price of silver is getting too rich for my blood, and I've gotten most of the common date coins for most sets, so I figured I'd take a swing at metal detecting to see if I can't pull up anything for free. I got just a quick draw II, I wanted an ACE 250 but my fiance lost her ring a couple weeks ago which had prompted me to get a detector ASAP, so I didn't have time to wait for one from Kellyco. We found the ring, and the detector picked it up but we searched at night, with a foot of snow on the ground, and without shovels of any sort, so it was a crapshoot. But she found it the next day in a spot where the detector had picked up a signal, so I know the darn thing works atleast. I know a few places, I'm just completely new to it and don't really know what I'm doing. Anyways, I go to school at Mason, I got a car, and I've got plenty of free time on the weekends and over the summer.

See my response above and the offer extends to you as well.

Additionally, :welcome2: to the forum.

St Marys

I live in St Marys county. I bought a metal detector for my father. He passed away now I have it. I have used it a few times but really want to learn how to use it. I would love to hunt with you.

Hello everyone. I am looking to rent a metal detector. Does anyone know of a place in Southern Maryland where I can do that??

My parents house burned down a few years ago and a lot of my mom's jewelry was scattered in the yard. Now they are moving and I'd like to see if I can find my mom's engagement ring and some earrings before the house is sold.

They live in St Mary's County.

Can anyone help??

Back
Top Bottom