Vx3 or etrac

John 71

Looking to get another detector. What one is better? Vx3 or etrac? :?:

If you are a coinshooter, I think the Etrac has a bit of an edge with simple basic changes.

However if you like making adjustments the V3i is no slouch. I believe the Etrac false more and I definitely dig more trash with the Etrac. Less than 6-7 inches the V3i will definitely I'd iron better to eliminate digging trash.

If you are into other non ferrous metals and a relic hunter, AND IF you like to mess with settings, I'd suggest the V3i, it also does an phenomenal job distinguishing between nickels and pull tabs.

First tell us how technical you are and what type of detecting you do.

Also, my Etrac is for sale:lol: not because it's not a great coin hunter, just too similar to my 3030

Do the v3i not the vx3

If you are a coinshooter, I think the Etrac has a bit of an edge with simple basic changes.

However if you like making adjustments the V3i is no slouch. I believe the Etrac false more and I definitely dig more trash with the Etrac. Less than 6-7 inches the V3i will definitely I'd iron better to eliminate digging trash.

If you are into other non ferrous metals and a relic hunter, AND IF you like to mess with settings, I'd suggest the V3i, it also does an phenomenal job distinguishing between nickels and pull tabs.

First tell us how technical you are and what type of detecting you do.

Also, my Etrac is for sale:lol: not because it's not a great coin hunter, just too similar to my 3030

Do the v3i not the vx3
Not that technical. Coin hunter

Not that technical. Coin hunter

Probably the Etrac would suit you better then. Other than discrimination options, just a few settings, and running in two tone ferrous is about as simple as it gets, you don't even really need to pay attention to the screen, if you got a high tone, you more than likely have a coin, even in trash.

There's tons of Etrac vs V3i threads if you search back a few years ago. I've owned both and pretty much agree with whats already been said. V3i can achieve good performance but requires some tweaking. With the Etrac, just noise cancel and go. Deadly on deep silver. For coin shooting, I'd choose the Etrac.

There both dirt cheap!! Might try them both out, but if you go v3i, get something besides the 10 in stock coil, they tend to be flaky.

Back
Top Bottom