headphones

scoremaster

Ok so I figure this will start some kinda feud but I am new to me have only been at it a year have an ace 250 and at pro I bought the adapter for the pro so I can use any head phone I would like but...........

Out of curiosity what headphone would be an upgrade from the stock ones but not make me go broke to get them, I had thought of going wireless but everyone says Bluetooth isn't great and I may give fm a try I have the equipment for that other than a volume control

but that's no biggy but just want to hear what was on everyone else's mind and like I said I'm sure everyone has their favorite so be gentle and kind lol

And thanks in advance,
Scott

ive been thinking of the ghosts but gosh I don't know f the wife would be ok with me spending 100 or over for headphones .

I know its funny but I have been a dj for almost 20 years ( gosh that shows my age ) lol but I never really bought a set of good headphones as a couple of beer and a livley crowd always was a help for me . but I would sure like to try them bruce just to see what kind of difference they make everyone claims a big difference but heck maybe I have very sensitive hearing but after 20 years of music and 17 years of construction work I doubt it lol but always wishful thinking .

Scott

I think I paid about $84 for them, your more than welcome to try them, I tried the Jolley Rodgers but the volume was a lot lower ... they really block out the noise

You can get gray ghost originals for 80 or so. That's all I use. They fit perfect, sound awesome, look cool, and last for ever (lifetime warranty). It may seem expensive but they will last you forever and trust me with cheap headphones you will end up spending more every time they break at least I did before I went with the gray ghost.

It's like with detectors...some people don't get along with certain brands...see if you can try 'em first. Grey Ghosts and Killer B's have worked well for me.

For me, wireless is the way to go. No getting the headphones yanked off whenever you kneel on the cord and such. I personally use the Auvio 33-283 but they are about impossible to find anymore. The TDK WR700 is also a good brand/model. Neither operate on Bluetooth so there is no lag.
I am not sure I could ever go back to headphones with a cord.

I have Grey Ghost originals, I don't think I paid even $80 for them, but were added in to a detector purchase. I like them just fine but have nothing to compare them to, at least for detector phones.

Customer service is great, a detecting buddy broke a C bracket on his (part that holds one of the cups to the part that goes over your head), and they sent him a new one right away, no questions asked.

I use Grey Ghost Originals had a set of Killer Bs but they sounded kinda Whiny sounding with the ATPro but the Ghost give a crisp tone the ear pads are comfortable and last forever , and they have a great service if need to send them in ever arises Around 90 dollars new and worth Every Penny JMHO

well if I get a chance to use surfchunkers I will give em a try and I guess that isn't a bad price for something with a life time warrenty and also am thinking of the wireless route I rigged up a set one time from a headset I had here for my ham radio and they only cost 10 bucks but I don't know how they would work with the md .

and thanks fellas for the advice and like I said I knew it was a question that has been rolled around many times with many answers.

ground is still froze here but temp is up to almost 50 today maybe it won't be long lol.

Scott

all ACE series are loud already by itself therefore whatever you do phones must have volume control... or an adapter with the control.
With phones with no volume control we are talking symptoms like bleeding from the ears and i am no kidding!:shock:
I cant understand how they can sell those with ace series.:?:

Do a google search for koss qz99. I have owned many types of hps including killer b and sunray and as much as I like them, if money is at all a concern, the qz99s are hard to beat. I used to keep them as a backup but actually ended up having them as my only set. They are high quality, built extremely well and have great sound. They are on the heavy side but extremely comfortable and the passive noise reduction works fairly well. They also have a lifetime warranty and if something happens all you have to do is send them to koss along with $9.00 and they will repair or replace them. That also includes the ear pads.....

Here is how I got turned onto them. NASA Tom in that thread developed(or helped) one of the fisher detectors in the cz line or something..

http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,14488,14589

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000051SD1/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For me, wireless is the way to go. No getting the headphones yanked off whenever you kneel on the cord and such. I personally use the Auvio 33-283 but they are about impossible to find anymore. The TDK WR700 is also a good brand/model. Neither operate on Bluetooth so there is no lag.
I am not sure I could ever go back to headphones with a cord.

I have both the Auvio 33-383's and the TDK WR700's and both are awesome with absolutely no lag. When I use the CTX, I use the Grey Ghosts with the wireless module from the CTX. Also getting a pair of Grey Ghost Amphibians for the AT Pro.

Don't waste your time with FM. It suffers from interference and poor (clipped) audio response. Go with KLEER technology phones for wireless. Either the TDK WR700 or Sennheiser RS160.

Other than my hardwired dive detector, I'll never go back to being tethered to my machine.

Back
Top Bottom