newby first 'find'

sierraBob

after a week with my new F-2 and my very first day out in the field today I found my first treasure-a friend had some new road construction and lost a survey stake location-took all of 1 minute to find it-not quite as profitable as that gold I'm shooting for one day but it was still pretty cool! I'm impressed with this thing-now I really have the bug-

Bob

Nice. I have found some surveyor stakes for folks too. A metal detector is a handy tool!

Back when I was kind of starting out, I answered an ad on CL from someone trying to locate two yard markers between his property and his neighbors. It didn't take to long to find the one closest to the front yard but it took a while to find the one in the backyard due to a bunch of "trash" hits like nails and such. To me it was just kind of neat to find the pins for the guy but he insisted that I take a "reward" for helping him. It was like $30 or $40 dollars if I remember right. He said it would have cost him much more if he had to hire a surveyor to find them.

I did that also for my Dad and neighbor last fall. a new neighbor built a fence for his cattle and was way over the line and yes you know it when you hit it

Back
Top Bottom