• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Charleston SC

Yea. I'm in awendaw. Not too much on land to hunt around here so I've been on the beach for the most part.

Iam also in the Charleston area. I was thinking of hitting up folly beach after I get my detector in the mail. Any of y'all ever find anything good out that way?

I went after work today. Found about a dollar in clad and my first silver! A bracelet

Attachments

• IMG-20120301-00195.jpg
    IMG-20120301-00195.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,893
Well Im in Chester now. I havent been able to get out yet because of the rain. Looks like the soil here is way better than up near the Grand Canyon.

I know my uncle and I are down to go! Just ordered my F2 today as well as a Garett pro Pointer! What are the laws as far as metal detecting in Sc? I know most of the parks here in charleston are off limits. I think I'm gonna metal detect some of these small islands around here. There is a large island next to the ravenel bridge that was used to dump dredged harbor material could have a lot of junk but maybe some good stuff too!

Does anyone know if there are any detectorists using a PI machine around here with any luck?

I want to get back out digging in the sand, find pirate treasure and hang out with yocals.

Thanks.

I've only been out 3 times with my p.i. Found that silver bracelet and lots of clad. Not too much trash

I'm still learning it but turn the threshold down to just audible and I'm digging targets at about a foot. The more I use it seem to be digging deeper. Just cant wait for tourists!

I've purchased another detector which should be arriving in the next week or so. Whenever it does get here I will be anxiously waiting to dig in the sand and hope to see some folks out on the beaches.

Back
Top Bottom