Another barn find car

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
I wish I still had my '69 440 :cool: Fastest car I've owned in my life.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/07/16/1968-dodge-charger-parked-since-1990s-is-worth-bundle.html

1531768587134.jpg

According to the seller, who bought it last year, the green 1968 vinyl-roof coupe was purchased by its previous owner in 1969 and used until the early 1990s, when it was parked in an Alabama barn before being moved to a less romantic-sounding shed about five years ago. (Are barn-kept shed finds a thing?)

The Hagerty Price Guide says that a car like this in running condition could be worth anywhere from $20,000, to $50,000 or more for one that’s been through a full restoration, something this example is a prime candidate for. Bidding had already hit $29,000 as of Monday morning ahead of the auction close at 7:30 pm central time

Cool barn find!

I once stumbled upon a 1970 Superbird while doing phone work for an old Chrysler manager here in Michigan...the car was sitting beside the house, on the hill. Sunk up to the axles in dirt. 440 4sp. Car was parked in the mid 70’s and sat until about 2000. Not bad shape. The old guy had a hemi Cuda and Roadrunner in his basement, he was in his early 80’s age wise. Told my brother about the superbird and his buddy bought it for around $17k and two months of wining and dining the old guy :lol:

Back 30 years ago there was a 68 Super Bee sitting in a yard out in the sticks by me (Pines, Indiana). It sat years and years and the geezer that owned it would get very mad if you asked if he would sell it. Finally about 12 years ago after the car dug itself into the ground and was really trashed, I saw that it was uncerimoniously towed away for scrap. What a damn shame, it was a 383 car.:mad:

Back
Top Bottom