CT/Mass Friendly Forum Member Hunt

bmattioli

Forum Supporter
I'd like to organize a CT/ Mass FF member hunt somewhere centralized for anyone interested. I have talked briefly with Dave, HeavyMetalnut, about this he he thought it would be fun. Any other members out there in the New England area interested? I would like to have it in April or May. Please post or PM me if interested and we'll go from there..

Bruce

sounds good

i would be interested meeting alot of the fellow detectorists in the nearby areas and swing the coil ,Bruce what kind of format were you thinking of ( farm fields hunt, large park ect.) maybe i can help you out in some way. Dan

i would be interested meeting alot of the fellow detectorists in the nearby areas and swing the coil ,Bruce what kind of format were you thinking of ( farm fields hunt, large park ect.) maybe i can help you out in some way. Dan

That's the point of this hunt Dan, meeting folks we only "see" in cyber space.. Was thinking of doing a hunt at a park and am open to any suggestions. We have alot of time to plan it and want it to be a fun time for all.. Just starting the ball in motion so to speak..

Bruce

Sounds like a good time and a great chance to meet some folks from the area.Keep me posted on this one please,definitely interested in attending.

Yeah sounds great bruce!

I have no idea where to have such a get together.any big farm fields out your way that you can maybe get permission from the owner?
Has to be an old farm though.
Dave

I have no idea where to have such a get together.any big farm fields out your way that you can maybe get permission from the owner?
Has to be an old farm though.
Dave

I'm thinking of having it at a huge park with a back-up site.. Getting permission for potentially ten or so folks to hunt might be tough I would think.. Plenty of time to plan. Thanks Dave..

Bruce

I can't wait to meet everyone. It will be nice to dig up some goodies too.Have been looking on-line at parks in ct. How many are metal detector friendly?It seems like not to many. I will keep looking and let you know if I see something. Tim

I can't wait to meet everyone. It will be nice to dig up some goodies too.Have been looking on-line at parks in ct. How many are metal detector friendly?It seems like not to many. I will keep looking and let you know if I see something. Tim

Thanks Tim.. All the parks I've hunted at here in CT have all been MD friendly.. I'm going to ask around and see if there are any farm land owners open to the idea.. We'll come up with a spot..

Bruce

Anyone????????

If anyone has any contacts that own a colonial farm house with alot of field area that would be the perfect spot.alot of area so,we are not rubbing elbows.hey maybe the land owner would bite if we offered him some compensation? Say pitched in $20 bucks per person?just an idea.
Lets put our heads together and start asking potential land owners.
Dave

It sounds like a wonderful idea adding some compensation to a home / site owner. Good thinking on your part. I would not mind offering a 20 to someone offering a large plot of land. I dont know about the others but I am game. Free is better , but like in life nothing is free. Happy Hunting!!

The area I've been hunting would be perfect,what with upwards of 160 acres of cultivated field and overgrown pasture area..Two problems with that spot is1)the owner would get nervous with more than a couple people and 2)there is no off road parking and parking on the road is downright dangerous with the amount and speed of passing traffic(I almost got clipped a couple of times pulling away from the place)...There are a couple other spots I've been researching as well that may fill the bill,with these permissions need to be secured....

Back
Top Bottom