Our 2014 season started TODAY!

frankiefry

Forum Supporter
Finally, after this long terrible winter, we were able to get out and visit a few tot-lot/schools for our first hunt of the season. The weather was sunny and 52ish, with most dirt diggable. The woodchips had some frozen patches, so I left a few targets for another visit. I've decided to keep a ring count, and I found #1 under the swings. Eyeball find as it's plastic, but it counts. : ) Tomorrow is supposed to be even nicer, so I have plans to dig at my neice's 'flip house' in the next town. You just never know what you'll find. Thanks for looking and good luck to us all on future hunts. : )

Attachments

• 102_0666.jpg
    102_0666.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 220
  • 102_0667.jpg
    102_0667.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 218
Hey FrankieFry, that's not a bad haul for one day. Yes, the ring counts, even if it was a 'eyeball' find! Glad to hear you were able to get out and swing. Cabin fever has nothing on you!! LOL

They opened "Shore Drive" to everyone down here in Muskegon and you cannot believe all of the sand that got pushed up by the ice this year. Some piles stand well over 20 ft tall and you can still see layers of ice and sand in them. Some are as big as grayhound buses.

The beach looks so flat and dry, with very few foot prints on it. What with all the sand pushed back there's bound to be some older finds out there somewhere, wouldn't you agree??

Going to get the F-2 warmed up this week and give it a go early in the morning. They are calling for warmer temps throughout the week and I want to be there before they start to level the sand back smooth again.

It a great start to a much awaited spring. Someone needs to skin that groundhog and wear him for a hat!

Way to go girl!!!

Congrats on getting the ring count started!!

I'm still at zero, not for lack of trying though...

Go get #2 now, that fat yellow one!!!

<*)))>{

Finally the first hunt of the year. Glad this day has arrived for you, A pretty nice take for the starter hunt. Your on the board and I'm looking forward to your new shared adventures. Jack

It's great to see you're hunting again. It's tough for us in the northern parts of the country and this winter was a real bear.

Keep us posted on the excitement!

Back
Top Bottom