• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Complete "How To/DiY" List!

TheIVJackal

Hi everyone , i've really enjoyed this forum so far and I would like to give back by creating a thread that has all the How-To's listed on it. If you find a DiY someone made or you have one of your own, send me the link in a message and ill post it here to the master list. Thanks:yes:!
- Aaron

Owners Manuals
White's Metal Detectors
Garret Metal Detectors

DiY Scoops
Rubbermaid Sand Scoop

Digging Tools
T-Handle Mod
Pin-pointer & Digger in One

Pinpointer Mod's
Harbor Freight/Cen-Tech PP Mod
Garrett Pro Pointer ARMOR

Headphone Mod's
Headphone Adaptor For The AT Pro

Coil Mod's
Coil Coated With Truck Bed Liner

Scoops

I see a lot of homemade scoops on here but none that I have seen have showed a step by step on how to make one, lets get a few on this list! I believe some are welded together and some are put together using pieces, no welding involved. Let's have a couple of both! Thanks.

I would like to personalize my metal detector when I get it and wondered if anyone had tried dipping? Like those dipping techniques they use on car wheels. I was thinking about doing the shafts avoiding the metallic colors. Any thoughts, trials/tribulations, and/or suggestions??

Feed coil wire through shaft???

Hello from a newbie!

I was wondering if the cable wire wrapped around the shaft acts as a phasing coil?

If not I would like to send it up through the center of the shaft exiting by the head unit.

Any ideas?

-Cheers

I would like to personalize my metal detector when I get it and wondered if anyone had tried dipping? Like those dipping techniques they use on car wheels. I was thinking about doing the shafts avoiding the metallic colors. Any thoughts, trials/tribulations, and/or suggestions??

Has anyone tried this?

I made a sand scoop out of a hula hoe back in the day. I will look for it and post a picture. I attached a bird suet cage to the front part then weaved steel wire in between the spaces on the cage. Worked excellent for sand and hard pack. You would pull the sand instead of scooping.

Attachments

• Scuffle_Hoe-472666266x.jpg
    Scuffle_Hoe-472666266x.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 188

Being I was in skilled trades at my last job I had the pleasure of a full maintenance shop to work with. So, I made a lot of things in my off time over the years. I have made a couple of beach sand scoops (no pics) that have served me well. Then there are the land diggers I made over the years. First pics is of the hand diggers I made. One on the left is the one I made for my wife, middle is my first attempt with a wheat penny imbedded in the handle, and on the right is my go-to scooping trowel. All made from 1/8" plate stainless, curve digger blade made on hydraulic press. all cut out with thin wheel on 4 1/2" grinder. Digger blades all 1/8" plate stainless. Second pic shows my long shovel digger mad from same plate material. Shaft and "T" handle out of 3/4"ID schedule 80 pressure rated stainless tubing. Fun projects all and have served me quite well. View attachment 587250View attachment 587251View attachment 587252

Sorry Mark I'll try again. I really didn't notice this was an old thread and tried to delete my post but alas I failed. Here ya go.Digger1.jpgDigger3.jpgDigger4.jpgDigger2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom