'59 coin spill

Foragist

Forum Supporter
Coinshooting with a White's Goldmaster is not as easy or as much fun as with a Minelab Equinox, but I gave it a try anyway. I hunted a tearout project that produced nothing worth keeping, but in a patch of grass nearby, these 9 coins came out of one hole.
One of the cents is a 1959 D; first year with a Memorial design on back. One of the nickels is also a 1959. All the rest are older. My digger damaged only one coin, but of course it was the only silver coin, a 1942 quarter. (#33FTY)
The new Nox control head is on it's way. Back in action soon...

Attachments

• DSCN3229.jpg
    DSCN3229.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 468
Good hunt.....at least the quarter wasn't a rare date because then the "ding" would have been costly.

Nice hunting!

Sweet quarter!đź‘Ť

Nice finds

Thanks guys! Yes, I'm glad I didn't gouge a high value coin. This one was a good reminder to dig with caution.

First coin out was the Memorial penny. I knew the target was bigger than one penny, so I thought it would be just some modern coins. Second coin out was a wheat cent. Then another wheat cent,(ok, better) and pinpointer indicated more in the hole. Now I'm thinking "come on silver!" After the first nickel and another wheatie, the quarter finally surfaced. It sure is fun revealing a bunch of old coins like that; one at a time. :yes:

Nice spill! I agree with you, coin spills are really fun as you just don't know what else might be coming out of the ground!

Nice spill! I agree with you, coin spills are really fun as you just don't know what else might be coming out of the ground!

Fun spill and glad to see a silver in the mix. Congrats!

Nine awesome keepers in one hole, amazing!

That must have been a lot of fun pulling all that out of one hole, Big Congrats!

Nice spill! Congrats

Thank you all. Yep. One at a time...it's like pulling surprises out of a Christmas stocking. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom