what is American Battlefield protection designation?

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
I came across this map legend for a Civil War area in NW Atlanta area.

Dept of Interior, national park service, American Battle Field Protection program.

then the map has a red outline for core area and black outline for study area.

does this mean these areas are off limits to metal detecting?

It does not say it is a national battle field.

Attachments

• american battlefield protection.jpg
    american battlefield protection.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 321
Only one way to find out😜

It means you hunt it at night. So peaceful. So serene.

Or.... you go knocking on a bunch of doors, emailing and phone calling to a bunch of purist archies, then sit back and bask in their "no" answer to the "pressing question". Then relegate yourself to the local sandbox.

But Chris, correct me if I'm wrong: You have notified all the agencies that might be remotely affected by, or have a say-so in the location where your $10 gold just came from, right ? You double checked to see if there were any type designations to the exact land you were standing on, right ? They've all signed off on your ability to keep that $10 gold, right ? GOOD MAN ! :laughing:

It means you hunt it at night. So peaceful. So serene.

Or.... you go knocking on a bunch of doors, emailing and phone calling to a bunch of purist archies, then sit back and bask in their "no" answer to the "pressing question". Then relegate yourself to the local sandbox.

But Chris, correct me if I'm wrong: You have notified all the agencies that might be remotely affected by, or have a say-so in the location where your $10 gold just came from, right ? You double checked to see if there were any type designations to the exact land you were standing on, right ? They've all signed off on your ability to keep that $10 gold, right ? GOOD MAN ! :laughing:

What’s this ten dollar I keep hearing about? I always get permission by the way. I asked the Mrs before I was allowed to go!

Back
Top Bottom