Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Metal Detector Accessories

Old 09-03-2020, 07:49 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by aeds151 View post
Quite the username for a lady

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking the same thing lol.

Old 09-03-2020, 05:04 PM

I relic hunt and I am looking at the predator ranger. Anyone have an opinion on this one?

Old 09-03-2020, 06:58 PM

I settled in on the Phoenix. Went ahead and got the rubber foot pads as well.... not sure if they are really necessary but we will see. Iíll post some pics or video when it arrives. Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Old 09-04-2020, 12:57 PM
Supporter

Thanks looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Phoenix has been on my short list for a while.

Old 09-04-2020, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by JB_Digger View post
George Lesche makes all the tools on Predator Tools - so they are all Lesche made along with Lesche tools. I am not 100% positive but it seems to me if you buy a "Lesche" tool on amazon - it's his tool. So you probably can't go wrong with anything Lesche and I recommend his tools as well. I use the model 85 digging knife (tool) and am looking into a shovel - I like The Piranha. BUT I also like the smaller one, jut wondering if I can dig the same depth with that one as the smaller one. Thanks everyone!
I believe I've read George Lesche designed and built the Lesche hand digger and other Lesche tools, but he lost the company and rights to the name in a divorce. So if I understand correctly a Lesche is designed by him and made by his former company and Predator diggers/shovels are designed by him and manufactured by his current company.

I have the Lesche (MCI products) hand digger and the Predator Ranger shovel. Just got the Ranger so can't comment on it yet but it looks and feels very well built yet light.

Old 09-04-2020, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by JimR_TN View post
I believe I've read George Lesche designed and built the Lesche hand digger and other Lesche tools, but he lost the company and rights to the name in a divorce. So if I understand correctly a Lesche is designed by him and made by his former company and Predator diggers/shovels are designed by him and manufactured by his current company.

I have the Lesche (MCI products) hand digger and the Predator Ranger shovel. Just got the Ranger so can't comment on it yet but it looks and feels very well built yet light.
Looking forward to hearing how the ranger works for you.

Old 09-06-2020, 02:22 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by shellhouse View post
Have looked at phoenix due to double curve. Plugs look excellent in this review
https://youtu.be/ert_0ph8zDs
I've been using the predator tools phoenix shovel for a couple of months now and I'm loving it.
It digs the nicest plugs of any shovel I've ever used (and I've been through a lot of shovels).
It slices through roots with ease and it does not break when prying large plow blades out of the ground in the farm fields like the root slayers shovels do.

It's pricey but well worth it imo... https://www.predatortools.com/collec...phoenix-shovel

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-06-2020, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bill_Ace_350 View post
If you can find a genuine issue etool with wooden handle, i think you'd find it very suitable.
This...

I use the same thing and it works very well for most deeper digs. Perhaps someday I will take a grinder too it and put some serrations on the sides like the fancy expensive ones and see how it does. I really like how it folds into a hoe for back-filling and it sure doesn't take up much space.

Happy hunting, gents.

Bluesguitar1

Old 09-06-2020, 06:59 PM

i also use a root slayer mini shovel and have my small digger velcrowed and ziptied to the stem for easy access to both shovels i have found this to be the best setup for me Radius Garden 22411 Root Slayer Mini-Digger Shovel, Root Slayer Mini-Digger, Red
Visit the Radius Garden Store
4.9 out of 5 stars 155 ratings
Amazon's
Choice
for "root slayer shovel"

Old 09-07-2020, 01:43 PM

I hope a company will make a shovel with a right angle of the big box store trenching shovels with the durability of a predator. The phoenix is close but a right angle trenching shovel doesnt have to come as parallel to ground to pop a plug like all of the MD straight shaft shovels.

Old 09-13-2020, 05:47 PM

I ordered a shovel from predator tools and it shipped on September 4th. I still havenít received it yet. Should I be concerned? Anybody else experience this before?

Old 09-15-2020, 02:24 PM
Elite Member

Default I made a switch

PREDATOR , heavier but a huge difference, happy hunting. STILL have my other shovel's but , the 1st pick are my go to , only one thing you have to watch , under ground power line's , the shovel has no mercy
Attached Images

Excalibur Blue 1000, Excalibur Blue 800, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Surf Pi DF, Scuba Tector, XP Deus WS5, F -75 SE-Boost & DST , 1976 Coin Master ***** In The Past Detectors used -- Two- E-trac's , V3I, Omega 8000, 4- Euro Tek Pro's,2- F75 Standard, Cz70 Pro, Cz20 , Excalibur Sword, Two Excalibur 2's & my 1st - One Hot Blue Excalibur 10, Sovereign Gt