how often do you have to ground balance a vaquero?

sandtrout

i currently have an ace 250 with automatic ground balance and will be getting the vaquero which has manual ground balance. to vaquero users, how often during the hunt do you have to ground balance? is it often or can you set it just once or twice during the whole hunt? thanks in advance for any replies!!! dan in so cal

It just depends on where you are hunting. It can be 1-100 times. I have only had to re GB a couple of times and it is so quick to do that its not a issue.

I set the ground balance at each location I go to with my Eldorado. It only takes a few seconds.

Each area, here in Idaho anyway, is a little different.

During my my hunt, i'll flip off disc mode just to make sure my tone is still set, then I continue on.

As often as needed... lol.

Normally every time you start hunting in a new area. If it is a large area and different parts of the area start to cause your detector to "chirp" or act funny. Just re-balance. For the most part though I have found it is, set it and forget it.

I always set up the ground balance on my Vaquero at the beginning of each hunt. It is so easy to do. HH . . . ;)

Back
Top Bottom