Good Deed Doesn't Lead to Good Karma!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
When I got to the beach this morning, I noticed a seagull flopped on the sand andin obvious distress.:( There was nothing I could do as it was too early for the lifeguards to be there. After hunting for a while, I went in for some water and decided to put a couple of red plastic cups and a Diet Coke can around him to mark him off. I continued hunting and then I saw the big pickup that drops off the lifeguards coming down the beach in the distance. I went in and flagged them down. They came to me and I showed them the bird, and then they told me that they would take care of it so I went back to my hunt. About ½ hour later a guy shows up with a cage and gets the bird and puts him in. I yell thanks and he yells back that he’s going to some kind of pelican rescue place. Well that was my good deed and it should’ve led to some major Karma like a big fat juicy gold but it didn’t!:no: (Sorry for no pics but I don’t take my phone with me when I’m doing water). On this 5 ½ hour hunt I went over 5,000 coins for the year (but I was 3 cents short of hitting $300).
Time is running out for me and my summer and soon it will be back to school! :jail:

Attachments

• 7-29-14.jpg
    7-29-14.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 529
  • 20140729_162942.jpg
    20140729_162942.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 540
Seagulls don't get you any karma... they are garbage birds... if you save a dragonfly with is higher up on the karma list you might find silver :lol:

Good job getting closer to your goal :)

Seagulls don't get you any karma... they are garbage birds... if you save a dragonfly with is higher up on the karma list you might find silver :lol:
I am learning...

Attachments

• KF.jpg
    KF.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 467
Gotta wait for Karma,A wallet return led to a gold ring a week later..I found a 10 dollar bill the other day, I`m not sure it was leftover Karma or if I did another good deed and didn't remember.
Time means nothing to Karma, it just comes and goes.
Congrats on a good hunt and a good deed.

Well still, you had a good time, a shark didn't eat you and you saved a life. Good for you!

Still a good feeling to help the critters. Once a Pelican crashed into a dune in front of me. Messed up his wing. Got the fella a bird ambulance:lol: Not sure the specie of sea bird? But chased this bird for over an hour that had fishing line and a stick stuck to its tail. About the time I thought I was gonna throw up the string came loose and the bird flew away without saying "Thanks dumass!":lol:

Forced Karma

I was windsurfing late into November several years ago, thus the empty beach.
Was just tightening my sail when something started pulling my leg.
Turned out a monofilament line was tangled around my leg and the other end had a fishing lure with the barbs through the webbing on a seagulls foot.
He was flying in place about 10 feet away.
I reeled him in.
Kinda like pulling a string til you get to the baloon.
Grabbed him and my buddy removed the lure.

We did have great wind that day :D Karma :?:

When I got to the beach this morning, I noticed a seagull flopped on the sand andin obvious distress.:( There was nothing I could do as it was too early for the lifeguards to be there. After hunting for a while, I went in for some water and decided to put a couple of red plastic cups and a Diet Coke can around him to mark him off. I continued hunting and then I saw the big pickup that drops off the lifeguards coming down the beach in the distance. I went in and flagged them down. They came to me and I showed them the bird, and then they told me that they would take care of it so I went back to my hunt. About ½ hour later a guy shows up with a cage and gets the bird and puts him in. I yell thanks and he yells back that he’s going to some kind of pelican rescue place. Well that was my good deed and it should’ve led to some major Karma like a big fat juicy gold but it didn’t!:no: (Sorry for no pics but I don’t take my phone with me when I’m doing water). On this 5 ½ hour hunt I went over 5,000 coins for the year (but I was 3 cents short of hitting $300).
Time is running out for me and my summer and soon it will be back to school! :jail:

Nobody brings light bulbs to a beach,must be from a hurricane disaster!

Often the kindest thing to do is to fix the problem yourself, and I don't mean take the bird home with you.

Rescued an osprey that had snagged a caught fish and got hooked himself. I enlisted my neighbor who is a big beefy fellow and we armed ourselves with welders leather gloves and a net, and it took the two of us nearly a half hour to wrestler him into a box and cover him with a towel.
My wife and I took him to a bird rescue station for help. The lady who runs it is about 75 years old, 5 feet tall and might weigh 100 pounds. She removes the towel, says "Cool!" and snatches the bird up barehanded and carries it to a cage and stuffs him in. I was completely flabbergasted and very impressed. It took two of us 30 minutes and heavy leather gloves to get the bird into the box. It took her 30 seconds to get him out and into a cage. :laughing:
She just laughed and assured us it only requires experience.
I'm still impressed.

Back
Top Bottom