Sunday Surf & Turf-silvers & sterling...

Captain Silver

Elite Member
Out for the midday low hunting with with the Ex II, I got onto a section of slope stripped down almost to the clay, and almost right off began digging wheats and then silvers:D a couple hours of blazing sun and I'd had enough of the beach, so I headed to a nice shady spot for some dirt digging where again I got into the wheats but this time no silver coins:(...I did get the coil over this tiny sterling surprise:shock: Everything from the beach and dirt...beach finds up top, dirt finds below the 3 pieces of brass wire from the beach we've got bullets, a couple pieces from lead toys, old pulltabs and scrap, 3 house pennies, 9 wheats, a Buffalo... and 4 silver dimes silvers #95 to #98, a Rosie and 3 Mercs from the dirt there was 15 cents in clad, a couple junker rings, 11 wheats and these miniature WW II USAAF military wings sterling #16... Hopefully I'll bag a couple silvers on the next outing to get to 100...until then, thanks for the looks and Happy Hunting to all!

Last edited:
Great hunt Captain! Congrats on the wings and the silvers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice hunting Bruce... I was on my way to hunt yesterday but the heat and humidity told me stay home in the air conditioned house... the house won :D

A very nice outing Bruce Congrats on the 4 Silvers and the Silver Wings. (very neat dig). Just 2 more to reach the century mark, what a amazing year your having. Trapper

Agree

With Craig, must be some really good pirate treasure your after Bruce to dig in this kind of weather , your Super Man 4 sure :lol::neo::notme::tiphat: Very cool Air Force wing's bro. WW1 maybe Sweet.

The wings are very nice - neat find, check out Aircraft Warning Service (WW II) on wikipedia. Congrats.

You guys are getting erosion over there this time of year ? Sheesk. Nice score on finding the spot ! I love beach-black-silver ! :p

Back
Top Bottom